New Mask and Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaFeenD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Everyone.

In preparation for fundies I am looking to invest in a good low volume mask and a set of new fins. I have received some suggestions regarding mask, but I just wanted to see what the rest of the DIR divers out there had as to suggest.

Also, what are the differences between Jet Fins and Turtles? I recently had a chance to play around with jets, and I wanted to know what the differences are between the two.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

XL Jetfins are a little small if you've got a guy's 10.5 shoe. XXL Jetfins are enormous unless you're a 14+ or so. Turtles (XL?) are good for in-between those sizes.

Been hearing lots of good things about the Hollis fin, but don't know the sizing...

OMS Slipstreams are also good fins with sizings that fit between the Jet L and XL. They are also a lot lighter than Jets, in and out of water. You might want to check them out.

Peace,
Greg

In preparation for fundies I am looking to invest in a good low volume mask...

"One mask to rule them all..."

AA-framelessmask-3.jpg

You can read my mini-review of the Atomic Aquatics frameless mask at the bottom of the link on this page: Atomic Aquatics Frameless Mask at www.DiveSeekers.com

"Very nice friend. Oh, yes! My Precious. Very nice indeed. So bright... so beautiful... ah, Precious. My PRECIOUS!"

gollum1.jpg

XL Jetfins are a little small if you've got a guy's size 10.5 shoe.

Hate to be disagreeable... but I disagree.

:D

Depends on what you're wearing on that US size 10.5 foot (Europe size 44).

On mine I wear either ScubaPro Delta boots or DUI Turbo Soles. My XL Jetfins fit perfectly in both cases.

Ray

XL Jetfins are a little small if you've got a guy's 10.5 shoe. XXL Jetfins are enormous unless you're a 14+ or so. Turtles (XL?) are good for in-between those sizes.

Been hearing lots of good things about the Hollis fin, but don't know the sizing...

My xl jets are too small. My xxl turtels are too big.

So I went with the Hollis XL which fits my foot perfectly. This is a size 10 attached DC boot. I just got them a few days ago so I have not used them yet. I am hoping they work out well. Going to miss my turtles

I've got XL Slipstreams by OMS if you want to give them a whirl. Just drop me an e-mail.

At the end of last season I bought the Dive Rite Frameless mask. It actually fit my face. I've been pretty psyched with it!

es145side.jpg

One of the guys at the Aquarium just got a new mask from Aquaventures. It is the Teknika by Aqualung. I tried it and it fit well!

teknika.jpg

The Tilos Excel mask is very neat - frameless, low volume, great viewport and a good gripping surface for removes and replaces and its pretty darn inexpensive enough that you can buy two immediately.

As to fins, the Power Fins XL work very nicely.

On mine I wear either ScubaPro Delta boots or DUI Turbo Soles. My XL Jetfins fit perfectly in both cases.

DUI Turbo soles + US 10.5 + XL Jets are a little tight for me. I've also got wide feet though...

Still 10.5 is right about at the upper limit for XL Jets...

I have a couple of Atomic Aquatics Frameless masks which are popular for good reason :).

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom