New Mask and Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is the sizing you're giving above for drysuits? What about wetsuits? Would the XL Jet be too large for a size 10 in a 7mm wet boot? I just ordered some, but when they came they were XXL. Grr.

Is the sizing you're giving above for drysuits? What about wetsuits? Would the XL Jet be too large for a size 10 in a 7mm wet boot? I just ordered some, but when they came they were XXL. Grr.

XL should be fine for a 7mm wetsuit boot. What type/brand boot? Some have thicker/chunkier soles...but even so XL should work with size 10.

XL should be fine for a 7mm wetsuit boot. What type/brand boot? Some have thicker/chunkier soles...but even so XL should work with size 10.

I have a pair of aqualung 6 or 7mm boots that don't come close to fitting in my XLs.

Ok, I'll stick with my plans to get XL then and not try for the L. Thanks.

I heard today from my local Scubapro LDS that the new size being offered by SP is now availiable to dealers. I am a size 12 and this is of great interest....

Hate to be disagreeable... but I disagree.

:D

Depends on what you're wearing on that US size 10.5 foot (Europe size 44).

On mine I wear either ScubaPro Delta boots or DUI Turbo Soles. My XL Jetfins fit perfectly in both cases.

Ray

MY size 10.5 left foot fits well in my turbosole in an XL jet. My size 10 right foot in my turbosole flops around in an XL jet. Anyone have any suggestions on a good method of bulking out my right foot? Two thick socks doesn't do it.

And +1 for the Atomic Frameless (I use a Clear). I've been using one for 3 years now, and I'm often amazed at how much wider a viewing angle I have compared to my buddies. I can check my SPG clipped on my left hip with just a glance down, while most people have to unclip theirs. Sure, I could unclip it, but why waste the time and motion? I've got a ScubaPro frameless (Black) for a backup, and it's not in the same league for view or comfort (but I got it free, so I'm not complaining).

Guy

Well I think the resounding reply regarding the mask choice makes my decision clear. I had spoken to a DIR diver earlier and she had recommended it too. Mask issue settled; wallet leaving pocket now.

Regarding the boots. I tried jets for the first time in size 10 evo3 boots this past weekend. They seemed a bit snug, which might be fixed a bit by having spring straps (which I would have on my own pair). Can anyone comment on how the Evo3 boot sizes compare with say, DUI rockboots?

I am planning to try out jets later in May during DUI session at dutch springs, but I was just trying to get an idea beforehand. I might have to try the slipstreams too, though :D

Sometimes I wish I was independently wealthy so that I could just buy everything, try it all out, keep what I liked and give the rest away to all my SB friends. May be a little while before that happens, though. Thanks for all your input--it's been super helpful.

I am planning to try out jets later in May during DUI session at dutch springs, but I was just trying to get an idea beforehand. I might have to try the slipstreams too, though :D

I'm usually at Dutch that weekend. Shoot me a PM if you make it up then - you're welcome to try my Jets w/springs if you don't otherwise have access to a pair.

MY size 10.5 left foot fits well in my turbosole in an XL jet. My size 10 right foot in my turbosole flops around in an XL jet. Anyone have any suggestions on a good method of bulking out my right foot? Two thick socks doesn't do it.

I was told by a well known tec instructor that the injectable type foam that sets-up quickly which is used by various trades in construction is a good remedy to the problem...

My primary mask is an 11-year old ScubaPro frameless with which I am very happy.

Were I to lose it (and I am amazed that I have owned anything like this that long with losing it), I would strongly consider the Atomic frameless already mentioned. I was once teaching a beginning OW class for which two students had purchased them. This was the first time I have ever seen them in use. I had a hard time teaching them proper mask clearing technique because it seemed like no matter how badly they did it, it worked almost instantly. At my next opportunity I tried one and loved it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom