Wrinkles March Dive Outing

Where do you want do dive? (choose up to two sites).

• Montge Resort (Treasure Island)(Parking Garage) S. Laguna Beach

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Shaws Cove, Laguna Beach

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Crescent Bay, Laguna Beach

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Moss Street, Laguna Beach

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Little Corona, Laguna Beach

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Long Point (old Marine Land), Palos Verde

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Corral Beach, Malibu

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Leo Carrillo, Mailbu

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Sequit Point, Mailbu

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dive days are Sunday due to the fact that I work on Saturday's so I have to miss all of these little outings. Oh well, I get to dive most of those O.C. spots anyway, so have fun, guys!

Well Ms. Wrinkles, does it have to be Saturdays? I think by Executress (sp?) Order you can make it any date you want. We all wait with baited breath and where our next adventure will be.

P.S. KelpHelper, we missed you. I was hoping that you would make it down to at least take some pics. Thankfully, Sapphire and ScubaPrincess were there to capture those Kodak moments!

Now that I have my reg back from the shop would love to get more diving. But Pasley you forgot 2 other decent spots. Vets beach in Redondo and Malga <sp> Cove in Palos Verde’s...... Just two other places that we may like.

:confined:

A suggestion: How about if we do a different county each month? Mostly LA and OC, but a couple with SD and even Ventura thrown in every so often when conditions are ideal?

I think thats a great idea. It will give everyone a chance to experience different areas that may not be close to home or close to home depending on the site. It will also give the opportunity to see how different counties and sites compare to one another.

Well Ms. Wrinkles, does it have to be Saturdays?

No not at all. A couple people have said Sundays are better for them becuase of work so diving for me works both days as I beleive it does for many others.

My dive days are Sunday due to the fact that I work on Saturday's so I have to miss all of these little outings. Oh well, I get to dive most of those O.C. spots anyway, so have fun, guys!

We wouldn't want that. Sundays are good for diving too. I think as long as we agree on a day and site for the month then we should all be fine.

Ana

Scottkl:
Now that I have my reg back from the shop would love to get more diving. But Pasley you forgot 2 other decent spots. Vets beach in Redondo and Malga <sp> Cove in Palos Verde’s...... Just two other places that we may like.

:confined:
I left Malaga off (one of my favorites) as it is more consistantly divable in the summer. I say summer dive because it faces North and the winter swell is normally out of the north while the summer swell is out of the south.

Vets, well, for a day dive, it can be kind of boring. Lots of sand and nothing else much to see. I did see a Mantis Shrimp one day at Topaz Jetty once. But Vets is a good night dive, and a so so day dive IMHO.

I can't say for certain I can make every month, so I'll chime in on the ones I can get too. I would love to do some OC/LA diving - and off a boat would be even BETTER! I too, hate those nasty swell fighting swims that get you all tired before you even have fun! Sundays would work for me since I am enveloped in softball every Saturday until the end of my life (or so it seems). I certainly don't have any preference since I've never done any of those locations before! So I'll leave it up to you capable OC/LA divers!

Scuba Princess:
I would love to do some OC/LA diving - and off a boat would be even BETTER! I too, hate those nasty swell fighting swims that get you all tired before you even have fun! So I'll leave it up to you capable OC/LA divers!

I second Scuba Princess's sentiments about fighting to get in the water. I don't necessarily want a boat dive, but my shore diving is limited so my grace with entry and exit is non-existent. Either weekend day is good for me. I will also leave it up to people in the "know" to choose the sites. I'd very much like to meet and get to know everyone, you all sound like a really fun group to dive with... :laugh:

Sweet! Ive been waiting for somthing like this
I like all the spot on the list.. Shaws is my favorite that and the dive park Catalina.
Has anyone dove the scuba trail at the dive park?
I think the CCD (Catalina Consrvacy Divers) put this on every other weekend or so.
They make a trail in the park with all kinds of little sighns in front of different kinds of plant life and fish and all sorts of things never been read alot about it and have seen pictures might be a good outing for all of us (learning the fun way about the life we swim with)

Josh in the LBC

Scuba Princess:
I too, hate those nasty swell fighting swims that get you all tired before you even have fun!

For the most part down in Laguna, especially the more northern area, sites are pretty well sheltered. There is usually no surf to speak of, and when there is conditions (surge and vis) are usually reasons for me to not to make a dive.

I am in for the monthly gathering when time and schedule permits. Sounds like fun!

don't necessarily want a boat dive, but my shore diving is limited so my grace with entry and exit is non-existent

All the more reason to go with other people that are experienced. That's how I learned. WHile other people were getting tumbled in the surf because they were not timing the sets right, Ana (on her fourth beach dive, I think?) simply strolled into the water and made it look easy!

I also like expanding outside of OC. Of course, I am not so dedicated that I will drive from, oh, say Temecula.... and not dive ;-)

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom