Wrinkles March Dive Outing

Where do you want do dive? (choose up to two sites).

• Montge Resort (Treasure Island)(Parking Garage) S. Laguna Beach

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Shaws Cove, Laguna Beach

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Crescent Bay, Laguna Beach

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Moss Street, Laguna Beach

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Little Corona, Laguna Beach

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Long Point (old Marine Land), Palos Verde

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Corral Beach, Malibu

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Leo Carrillo, Mailbu

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Sequit Point, Mailbu

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Wrinkles has started something with members of this board getting together for a dive. So what say you? How about we make this a monthly happing? Named in her honor, I am proposing the Wrinkles dive on 13 March at? Since Wrinkles is relatively new to beach diving we should limit the first few dives to the easier entries.
Please vote for your preferred site. Dive time is 08:00 a.m. 13 March 04 and the designated site will be announced below at not later than the 10th of March. Wrinkles will be the final arbitrator in the event of a tie.

I would love to dive every month with people from this borad. So far every time I have .....it's been a ton of fun.

I don't know about naming it after me. :sorry19z:

Since I am not famailiar with all the beach diving sites yet this poll is a fun way for finding a spot to dive.... seems like a good idea at least. As we all know we can pick a spot but may end up having to change locations due to the conditions.

I think a group dive seems like a great idea. Lots of fun :59: and lots of
love when we go together :giveusahu

So lets picks some spots and make sure the date is good for most before we set anything in stone.

Ana

Montage and Shaws are great dive sites for someone who has not done alot of beach diving. Shaws (North)west side is relatively sheltered with fairly easy entry (on most days) Montage cove has a shore slope that causes most waves to slide onshore, rarely is there a significatn break in the cove itself. Crescent can be subject to slightly larger waves than Shaws, but with good conditions is also a great dive.

I would love to dive with other members of the board. I love all these sites and I only live 10 to 15 minutes from the Laguna Beach Sites.

If I am in town Count me in.

wrinkles:
If Jennifer doesn't have the suit yet....she should come with us anyway. We enjoyed both of your gals company, well at least I know I did, even if you guys didnt dive.

Ana

Dang, you guys are such nags! The wetsuit is on its way, should be here Thursday. But Mel picked a day that I will be in New Orleans for a conference! So I won't vote in this poll, but I will be happy to join y'all in April :biggrin:

I had a great time meeting everyone as well. As a dedicated boat diver I will rely on you experienced beach divers to show me where the ladder is to get out of those waves :cheeky: !!

And Ana, you can review my gear configuration and tell me how to be more DERRRR!

caio!

jennifer

wrinkles:
Are you trying to get us both in trouble LOL

Ana

No whay, Ana! I figure I can always learn something new, and, you know, 'cause you tried the BP/W set up and all... :54:

~j

Any spot in Malibu is OK with me, but CP is a lot better, and a boat is even better...

I love this idea. I am in! I have never done an LA County dive, except Catalina, and I welcome doing some with all of you!

A suggestion: How about if we do a different county each month? Mostly LA and OC, but a couple with SD and even Ventura thrown in every so often when conditions are ideal?

Also, a clarification... Little Corona is in Newport Beach, not Laguna Beach.

Again, great idea Ana!

Since OC beach diving is going to be on your minds now, may I suggest you begin subscribing to the OC Divebums listserv? You'll get loads of info relevant to OC diving. And you can post your own... Try it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom