best warranty for BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The_Ghost

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
What company offers the best warranty for bcds? Also what companies have better customer service when needing something to get fixed?....but does that really matter if I go to a LDS?

lifetime, 3, 5, 7 years?

I need to buy a BCD, but meh I got lots of time before I plunk down for one of those. Also I need to test/rent more before I decide what I want. Just figured I would look to see what else would help tip my favor on what to pick.

I understand buying online vs LDS and all that debate..don't want it to get to heated in here. haha

How long will a steel plate last? I really couldn't tell you.

I'm always replacing the harness on a whim (went yellow this year, $20).

How long will a steel plate last? I really couldn't tell you.

I'm always replacing the harness on a whim (went yellow this year, $20).

The plate might last forever but the wing will not.

Zeagle..... Best warranty and customer service of any manuf and they make great BCs to boot.

Scubapro..had a customer that developed a tiny leak in the wing of his Knighhawk,the bcd was 4 years old and heavily used..Scubapro honored their warranty and replaced it with a brand new one.No questions asked..He purchased it at an authorized dealer..

Without question Zeagle has the best warranty. Haven't had such good luck with scubapro.

My local authorized Aqualung dealer said lifetime means a reasonable period of use.

AP valves for me, I have a Buddy Commando and as long as you are the original owner they give you a lifetime guarantee.
Mine is now 4 years old does 200+ dives a year and is still like new, I had a problem with one of the bladders ( these are double bagged) last year, sent it back and I had it returned a week later with new bladder, new inflator hose and a service. the charge..... Nothing, cant get better than that.

Beware of "Lifetime" warranties. As a previous person stated, they are for the "lifetime of the product" not the lifetime of the owner. So... the actual warranty agreement should have the exact terms as to what that means.

I remember a computer equipment company had a Limited Lifetime Warranty on certain products. Essentially, the product was supported up to five years after it was discontinued. After that period, you are on your own.

Here is a link to Aqualung's BC warranty information. It is very interesting to read their take on Limited Lifetime. To me it seems more limited than lifetime. Warranty by Category. Zeagle is a bit less specific, but doesn't cover damage due to wear, accident, etc.

Back
Top Bottom