issues getting gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Monarch_15w

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello everyone I was just writing to get everyone's opinion on getting gear made in China right now. I ordered my new dry suit back in the beginning of may from my pinnicle dealer along with new regs and a bunch of gear from my dive shop I DM for. So far no gear yet. I have canceled one dive trip already cause gear was not in yet I hope I don't have to cancel a second one. Getting mad. Your thoughts.

Well since it's been almost 4 months now, I would demand my money back and order from another retailer. Just because the gear is made in China doesn't mean it should take forever to get to your door... whoever you order from should have it in stock and send it immediately after being paid.

Has either Pinnicle or your own dive shop that you DM for gave you any explanation as to why it has taken 4 months for nothing. Its one thing if the seller has been talking to you, but if they have your money and have said nothing I will be demanding my money back as well.

50+ dives and a DM? And you can't figure out how to get some gear so you cancelled a dive? Very strange.

Are you a troll? Why does where the gear was made factor in to your frustration? Just cancel the order and buy from leisurepro, your stuff will be there in a few days.

Hello everyone I was just writing to get everyone's opinion on getting gear made in China right now. I ordered my new dry suit back in the beginning of may from my pinnicle dealer along with new regs and a bunch of gear from my dive shop I DM for. So far no gear yet. I have canceled one dive trip already cause gear was not in yet I hope I don't have to cancel a second one. Getting mad. Your thoughts.

This has nothing to do with China or Pinnacle and I can't beleive you ordered a drysuit without being able to try it on first.

Assuming you're not a troll, find someone who stocks drysuits, find one you like and buy it. Then select the rest of the gear from someone who actually has it in stock, and buy it.

I know at least one shop where I could walk in tomorrow and walk out with a new drysuit in my size and a complete set of gear.

flots.

I guess from the responces I am getting I didn't explain my situation very well. I was going through my local dive shop using my key man pricing discount as a DM to order a dry-suit. Being in Nebraska there are not may dive shops localy that have dry-suits on hand other than the demo. I was ordering it cause it would be a lot cheaper. I cancelled my trip cause I didn't want to wear a 7mm wetsuit and be cold. Not a big deal. I like the Pinnicle Freedom 2 suit. But whatever. Nothing I can do about it. The dive shop I DM for is just having issues getting gear in from our suppliers. Thats all. That is what is making me so upset. I hear that everyone else out there in the diving world isn't having any issues. So I am ask for a refund. And look elsewere. But for now will be paicent.

That is a bit more info, if the discount is significant enough I may have been inclined to wait too :)

What's the name of your LDS so I won't make the mistake of trying to buy anything from them?

The dive shop I DM for is just having issues getting gear in from our suppliers. Thats all. That is what is making me so upset. I hear that everyone else out there in the diving world isn't having any issues.

There are two kinds of "can't get stuff" problems:

• The manufacturer incorrectly estimated demand for an item or type of item and is out of some stuff. This happens periodically with individual manufacturers.
  • The dive shop is out of money and out of credit and nobody will ship stuff because they want to be paid.
The first problem would be something like "SCUBAPro is out of Mk25 G250v's, but we can get you a nice Atomic M1 instead."

The second problem means that you should be very careful about handing over any money until they have given you your stuff, because a shop that can't get merchandise is circling very close to the drain. If this is the case, you might want to see what's actually in inventory and see if you can negotiate yourself a great deal for cash.

flots.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom