issues getting gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keyman pricing is great. Unfortunately, there are some disadvantages. In particular, a dive pro may have to be patient to wait for his/her highly discounted gear. I've had friends (DMs and instructors) who have had to wait several months for their stuff. That's just the way it is sometimes.

If a dive shop customer ordered a Pinnacle Freedom 2 at the same time that you did, who do you think will get his drysuit first? My point is that people getting an insider discount may be more sensitive to inventory issues.

I'd give Zeagle a call. Zeagle bought Pinnacle a little while back. Perhaps you could get a reason for the delay and an ETA for the drysuit.

Hello everyone I was just writing to get everyone's opinion on getting gear made in China right now. I ordered my new dry suit back in the beginning of may from my pinnicle dealer along with new regs and a bunch of gear from my dive shop I DM for. So far no gear yet. I have canceled one dive trip already cause gear was not in yet I hope I don't have to cancel a second one. Getting mad. Your thoughts.

Scuba Equipment, Scuba Gear Scuba Diving Equipment Discount dive gear Snorkeling Equipment and Wetsuits Cheap online

Buy scuba gear, scuba diving and snorkeling equipment, and everything underwater from LeisurePro.com

Once upon a time we built stuff in this country, now we flip houses and burgers.

N

FWIW. I've been waiting 2 months now for a set of size ten booties for my wetsuit package I purchased from LeisurePro. Their response was that these are made and shipped from China and that they have hundreds on order but have no clue when they will arrive.

So for all you people telling him to go order from LP they may have the same problem. I've noticed that there are a number of items that LP has been out of stock on for atleast a month now. Namely several different brands of booties in the same size range(I've been looking for alternatives). I'm really wondering what the deal is, have the cut the number of big shipping boats and containers so things wait on docks longer? Has china cut it's labor force and number of factories so things from all different brands get queued up because they all use the same factory? At what point to do we turn back to american made goods when we realize that not only is this chinese made stuff **** quality but they apparently can no longer deliver to meet the demand?

Leisurepro tells you if they are out of stock and it is printed out on their website. Don't know about the others. I've bought a lot of gear from them and have never had a problem with anything. Like the guy said, don't pay until you know for sure that it is going to come your way.

Are you a troll? Why does where the gear was made factor in to your frustration? Just cancel the order and buy from leisurepro, your stuff will be there in a few days.

I'm not commenting directly on the OP, but my GF has a retail business and getting stuff from China recently has been *very* spotty. Many suppliers are saying that they don't know whether items they are waiting on from China will be here in time for Christmas if they are currently out of stock. It's affecting multiple suppliers.

I just wanted to throw that out there because it's not inconceivable that the country of origin might make a difference. Her business doesn't have anything to do with diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom