Best fins for a weak ankle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I broke my left ankle a few years ago and although it healed completely it still gets sore if i run for too long or do a lot of swimming. I was looking for some new fins that would let me stay out longer without ankle pain. Any ideas? I was thinking these:
Buy Mares rapto split fins 410014 with reviews at scuba.com

Mares Volos are super - very lightweight and feel like you don't have fins on. Also, the new ScubaPro Novas - they are also lightweight, but with alot of power.

Split fins require very little effort so would work for you. However, I advise you that they are only effective if a bicycle kick is used. This is why they are useless for any diver using different or multiple kick styles.

For a week ankle the most important thing is well fitted fins and boots.

Split fins.

I use Apollo.

I have hardware in my left ankle from being run over by a truck. I have used split fins (Sherwood), and switched to a pair of Wenoka Reflex because I found that using a frog kick really eases my pain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom