New to me Davey MC1A

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, you can get the full manuals on cd from Pro Tec Air Systems for about 50 bucks. There phone no is 361-937-3396. They also have lots of parts for it.

Anyone know a good place to get the shut off valves for this compressor?

I would suggest ebay, it seems most of these surplus units show up on the market with a mix and match set of control valves, most often the old style - or + shaped ones. If your looking to go authentic I am not even really sure what that is, bargain Marge is probably your best bet, likely not your cheapest one though.

Ike

I know there were several oils listed on page 2 but what is the best(and cheapest) oil to use for this compressor? if all the filters are working properly does it really matter? Sometimes I wonder if the "breathing air oil" is just a $$ scheme.. I have the davey unit as well, have no idea what kind of oil is in it.. or filters.. I played with it just filling up odd tanks (co2 etc) for a few months and then finally sent off for an air test.. got grade E with flying colors so thats what makes me curious. I doubt the surplus guys had it set up for breathing air before I got it, not to mention how long it sat doing nothing. Anyway.. any advice on the oil would be appreciated.

I have my Davey running, but I can't figure out how to get the air to come out. I unscrewed the fitting on the outside of the unit going to the hose reel but nothing comes out!. Can anyone tell me how and where to hook up my hose to fill my tanks. Will it not let air out until it pumps up to a certain pressure?. Any help would be great.

Thanks AL

Does your receiver show pressure? You have to flip the load/unload switch to start pumping pressure.. once it gets to about 2000 psi I will open the valve to load the receiver.. then you have to open the regulator isolation valve.. set the pressure with the red handle at the top.. then you should have air when you open the line valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom