OW in Koh Tao; looking for a shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sonar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

A buddy of mine is in Thailand atm and wants to do his OW in Koh Tao. I did mine there as well so I warned him about the factory style some operations have there. In order to avoid this I hope someone can advice me on a good operation there. He is looking for

- an operation where you dive with maximum 5 OW students at the same time.
- Preferable diving at sites without 5 other boats filled with divers

Rest doesn't really matter since it's his first dive. Budget wise it doesn't have to be te cheapest but no resort thing. Basially he wants to get there; dive in daytime, have a few beers at night and sleep where it's clean; backpack style

He's diving there in a few days so I hope you can advice me a good operation

Hi i had wonderful experiences with the guys from djl diving, especially with my instructor neil draycott. I did my OWD and my AOWD there last August. we had very small groups (just me and my buddy), well-serviced equipment and a lot of fun.

as i can't post links yet: davyjoneslocker.asia is their page.

thanks devon

i already found a post from you in another topic so I already recommended them and another shop you mentioned there.

Feel free to post but my mate has already been advised :D

Back
Top Bottom