Dive Training article: Lessons from Cave Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe the subscription for new divers is only six months. But that is only if the instructor fills out the form and sends it in. There is also a free ipod app. And its always free at your LDS, makes a good reason to stop and see whats new!

I walked into my LDS yesterday, and of course, I immediately spotted the display of Dive Training magazine, because the cover picture was someone descending into a cave. The article, written by someone named Jesse Cancelmo, is not about cave diving per se, but about the lessons he learned in his cave class that he thought were directly applicable to his open water diving. I thought it was a good article and made great points, and of course, had some nice photos.

And a funny story about that . . . the picture of the two divers getting ready on one of Edd's pontoon boats is a picture of two Seattle friends of mine. And they were alone on the boat, and had no idea that they were getting their picture taken until they saw it in the magazine!
I haven't read the article, yet. I did have an experience like that in a book store a couple years ago... reading a book about outdoor activities in and around DC. Skimming the book for the climbing section and there was a picture of me! I emailed the editor and author to find out who took the picture, but never got any response with an ID. The editor responded but didn't know, at the time, who the photographer was.

Strange to be reading a book store and yell out "holy ****" because you've found a picture of yourself in a published book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom