MAKE-up and DIVING

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Why do you put on make up when you are planning to scuba dive?? it's either going to get washed off, wiped in your gear.. or just messed up.. ie mascara.. water proof or not. I don't understand why??? Maybe cause I am a tom-boy and just to see the purpose of the stuff............

Firediver:
Why do you put on make up when you are planning to scuba dive?? it's either going to get washed off, wiped in your gear.. or just messed up.. ie mascara.. water proof or not. I don't understand why??? Maybe cause I am a tom-boy and just to see the purpose of the stuff............
[tongue in cheek] maybe the fish like it! - or you never know who is diving with a camera![/tongue in cheek]

I don't apply make-up to dive but I do clean, tone and moisturize before heading out. Besides being a daily habit, the moisurizers contain SPF and helps prevent sunburn. And protects my skin against the wind.

Paula

I can see moisturizing after diving.. especially after salt water diving.. but I have seen a few women before heading out to the dive site, and diving with make-up on.. I guess this is a stupid question.. but makes you wonder sometimes.. well makes me wonder anyway...

I agree with Firediver...This isn't a glamorous sport....it's not like the marine life or other divers will be thoroughly impressed on how flawless your face looks under that mask and reg.

I dive with nothing on my face. I moisturize after the dive as well because the salt water dries my face out and causes some serious break-outs if I don't.

Just my 2 cents....

If you dont want to wear makeup that is up to your own personal taste. I myself enjoy looking good and like to feel pretty whether it is above or below water.

All I can think of is the old saying....

Even an ugly bird can look good with a nice coat of feathers!

Anyway if you don't wear makeup then responding to this thread is really irrelevant because the original intent was to find out which products are superior!

Thanks ladies I have enjoyed the thread!

Actually.. this thread was to find out why woman where make-up when diving.. oh well.. I guess the fishes may notice how pretty you look under a hood, mask and reg... here i go stirring the pot :p heehee.. I think if I spent all my money I make up I wouldn't be diving.. couldn't afford to dive... anywho.. "To wear or not to wear that is the question" heh. :)

I don't wear makeup on a dive, but like others here, I moisturize like a fiend. I also use a spray in conditioner on my hair (Joico) before and after diving.

Firediver:
Actually.. this thread was to find out why woman where make-up when diving.. oh well.. I guess the fishes may notice how pretty you look under a hood, mask and reg... here i go stirring the pot :p heehee.. I think if I spent all my money I make up I wouldn't be diving.. couldn't afford to dive... anywho.. "To wear or not to wear that is the question" heh. :)

:06: Hello Ladies, I would like to make a simple statement. To ask why the make up? I guess is a fair question to those who can't relate... I will speak for my self in saying this. I believe it has to do with personal preference, but also with where you are from. For example: I'm from Miami and I was raised going to South Beach even at the beach one looks presentable. It is the norm, it is a place where you see tourist and after parties during the day time and alot of night life. It is the norm down here to beach and then cocktails and or lunch afterwards at a near by club. In Miami and Ft.Laud. we have many clubs and restaurants that cater to the beach and boating industry. And even after a dive I don't like walking into any place and looking as if I just did. (you know what I mean?)... Being made up is a city girl routine here, and to add the fact that I am Latin female (with deep latin roots we just don't go any where unmade) and again, I speak for myself because not all Latin females do the same.

So, when one chooses to wear make-up in or out of water, before or after a dive it may very well have to do with their social routine,(Like not letting anyone see them without mascara) as well as it being a personal preference; at least we have the choice. Waterproof-Make-up: If it's here?.. it's because there must be demand for it. :dazzler1:

oh jeeze.. :p moisturising is a good thing, conditioner before and after helps alot...

Oh well.. guess some people like to look pretty for the fishies....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom