MAKE-up and DIVING

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good answer scbababe....I agree that it depends on your social routine....I know that when I'm on an island just to the left of the middle of no where; that has a population of less than 30....I don't even bring my makeup....but if I'm going out after the dive....I'll put waterproof mascara on before I go and stick a lipstick in my bag for after.

Peace,
Cathie

And it's a country-girl routine for me to wear makeup, also. I don't wear night-club makeup when I go diving, but I do wear enough to look better. I don't care whether a fish or even another diver knows if I have on makeup or not- but I don't want to look in my mirror later and think, whew girl- you shoulda put on some lipstick! (Covergirl Outlast does a pretty decent job, btw). :eek:)
Foo

p.s. As a native-born Texan, I have also been known to sport big hair! Gotta watch out for those ceiling fans, though...

It's a practical choice for me to not wear make-up on a daily basis. Living in the Pacific NW, I'm usually doing some sort of outdoor activity (whether it be backpacking, rock climbing, mountain biking, skiing, etc.) where dirt and sweat clog pores to no end. If I have anything besides moisturizer on my face, well, then I break-out like a teenager, even if I wash my face afterwards.

However, on a special occaision, I wear a little eyeliner, smudge proof mascara (waterproof dries my eyelashes out too), and lip gloss. My brand I swear by is MAC.

Firediver:
Actually.. this thread was to find out why woman where make-up when diving.. oh well.. I guess the fishes may notice how pretty you look under a hood, mask and reg... here i go stirring the pot :p heehee.. I think if I spent all my money I make up I wouldn't be diving.. couldn't afford to dive... anywho.. "To wear or not to wear that is the question" heh. :)

Oh all the fishees point out to me that they like my red lips!

Well, I don't wear makeup diving. I don't wear makeup period, for the most part.

But I'm sure it's habit, as several lovely ladies pointed out. A few years ago, I felt almost like I was naked if I went outside my house without makeup on. Then I discovered that my skin likes it better without all that stuff on it, and that it actually starts taking on a glow of its own. Eureka!

I guess it depends what you are used to. I always have the minimum on even at the gym.. mascara & eye liner.. I knew one diver lady that liked to be fully made up with all her jewellery, to each their own.. that's what I like about divers, all sorts of characters out there :wink:

I don't wear much make-up outdoors, but I will always have at least a lip-gloss, brush/comb and hair clip or ponytail holder in my bag or dive jacket. Diving, hiking or rock climbing, I MAY have just had the outdoor exercise experience, but that doesn't mean I want to LOOK like some thing the cat drug in.

When I used to teach scuba, I would always try to keep a clean and professional appearance. I had a clean shirt/sweatshirt to change into and would try to look like I had it together!

On a some-what related subject, when most animals in the wild mature, they begin to take “notice” of their outward appearance in order to attract a mate. It’s a social thing. Birds will preen their feathers more frequently; cats clean themselves, etc. However, the human MALE has not quite caught up with this just yet, or at least not all of them have. After dating a few slobs in my day, I appreciate being around folks that are NOT. I guess I don’t want to be mistaken as a slob either.

lol, okay here we go im definately new here and im going to get razzed im sure....my name is russ and i found myself in here by accident but after reading your comments, i think wearing makeup to an extreme is unnecessary, i do agree that maybe some light mascara on the eyes is attractive, but i know after diving, the thing i desire most is a ice cold drink and some food...sides being a country boy, i think a woman looks her best without makeup, and to me thats what counts....:) hope i dint offend yall

Back
Top Bottom