Lake Rawlings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iknee

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Did anyone go to Rawlings today for opening day? If so, what were the temps? If anyone is interested, I will be there next Wednesday morning (23rd). I can bring extra gear if needed.

I was there along with a buddy. We had the place entirely to ourselves. Temp was 50 degrees top to bottom, nice isothermal conditions. Vis was about 50-60 feet everywhere you looked. Wonderful.

Be advised they are working on a new dock, and the old one is out of the water, so you have to enter from a less than ideal place off to the side. Not too bad, but you have to be careful. The work stirred up some silt, but that was localized to the entry area.

Great day. Sunny and cool, but not cold. Just the perfect temp where you don't roast in your drysuit out of the water, but don't chill either.

If you go, bring a camera. I rarely take mine to rawlings, but the conditions were that good. Enjoy them while they last. The "muck-o-cline" will be back before too long.:depressed:

Anyone going this weekend?

I think SelkieDVM is going on the 20th. You might want to contact her.

Yes, I'll be there along with some other folks from the shop. We'll be hanging out at the Dive Connections/Scuba Shack shelter (the one nearest the portajohns). You're welcome to join us.

Selkie:

The Dive Connections, is that the one in Cville??

What time you going to be a lake rawlings on Sunday? Got a new DUI drysuit and am wanting to try it out. Done tested it in a pool. Now just need to get wet in some open water.

What time you going to be a lake rawlings on Sunday? Got a new DUI drysuit and am wanting to try it out. Done tested it in a pool. Now just need to get wet in some open water.

I'm going to try to be there when they open, which is 8 a.m. I believe.

Back
Top Bottom