Advice for first computer purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clpkab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking to purchase my first dive computer - planning to acquire within the next two weeks so that I can use it as I finish up my open water training in the Keys later this month. Thinking at this point is to purchase a wrist-mount style, non-air integrated.

Attended a seminar hosted by LDS tonight on computers and saw two possibilities that interested me - the Aeris Manta and the Zeagle N2ition 3.

Appreciate any thoughts or advice about these models anyone can share. Also, if there's another model or manufacturer you'd recommend for a newbie that I should research. (Dive shop could order other ones with the exception of Suunto)

Thanks.

The Zeagle N2ition 3 over the Aeris IMO. I would definatly stick with a wrist model. Oceanic has a very extensive line of wrist units. I am looking at the GEO...

I'm not a huge fan of oceanic, however they do have a good really cheap 199.00 wrist model air/ean. Easy to use 1 button, pc ready. Model veo 180nx. Bought one while my suunto was getting fixed for a back up. Works good.

Doing some research through previous threads - it appears that there's a possible problem with the compartibilty with "newer" computers (64 bit) and the upload software?

Should this be a deal breaker? Wasn't sure that I planned to get the optional interface cable (at least at first)...but i might have liked to capture it sometime...

Does anyone know if any of the other major players have similar problems with upload software compatibility?:confused:

My Oceanic Geo 2.0 uploads fine to Windows 7. I am now using Dive Log instead of the supplied software so I can sync up with my phone and keep my log with me when I go out.

Google, Dive computer wizard. Site gives alot of detailed information different models.

I'm having problems downloading dives from my Geo 2.0. I have a Win 7 (64 bit). Has anyone been able to use oceanic software with 64 bit?

If you want to download your data to a PC, the logbook software that comes with the Zeagle PC download kit is not compatible with Vista 64bit or Windows 7 64bit, and it doesn't appear that it ever will be.

Back
Top Bottom