Advice for first computer purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just so you know, Oceanic, Aeris and Hollis gear are the same company, The wrist watch model Manta is one we have experience with. For the money it does a lot of things. Nitrox, Freediving Mode, Air Dive Mode, 20 dive log recall, adjustable safety stop with timer, downloadable to PC bla bla
No experience with the zeagle sorry
HD
Looking to purchase my first dive computer - planning to acquire within the next two weeks so that I can use it as I finish up my open water training in the Keys later this month. Thinking at this point is to purchase a wrist-mount style, non-air integrated.

Attended a seminar hosted by LDS tonight on computers and saw two possibilities that interested me - the Aeris Manta and the Zeagle N2ition 3.

Appreciate any thoughts or advice about these models anyone can share. Also, if there's another model or manufacturer you'd recommend for a newbie that I should research. (Dive shop could order other ones with the exception of Suunto)

Thanks.

Wrist or Watch style?
There are some differences between the 2 styles.

Check out the Dive Computers Research Tool: you can use it to compare various models and see them in action.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Thanks to all who offered advice and suggestions - opted to go with something different than what I saw at the seminar. I am now the proud owner of a Suunto Vyper.

Can't wait to take it out for the first time! Two weeks and counting!!! (Guess that gives me just enough time to read and begin to understand the user's manual)

Can't wait to take it out for the first time! Two weeks and counting!!! (Guess that gives me just enough time to read and begin to understand the user's manual)

Highly recommend the online class at Dive-Nav.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom