sony shiphunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been following this! Would love to dive the wrecks! Great project.

M.F. Merrick, Schooner
137x25x11, 295g 280n
Lost: 1889, May 17
1863, J. Oades, Clayton, NY
She was run down in a heavy fog by the steamer R.P. RANNEY and dove under bow first in less than a minute. She was well offshore at the time. Bound Port Austin for Portage, MI. Built for E.G. Merrick's "Reindeer Line" out of Detroit Owned at this time by Taylor & Maitland of Detroit. Rebuilt, 1877. Also probably ashore in Georgian Bay, 1865.

Etruria, Steamer
414x50x24 4653g 3415n
Lost: 1905, Jun 18
1902, W. Bay City Shipbuilding, W. Bay City hull #604
Upbound, Toledo for Superior, WI, she collided with the steel steamer AMASA STONE in fog. Fatal damage starboard side abreast of #9 hatch. Many of her crew were asleep, but were still able to escape. The crew were picked up by boats from the steamer MARITANA. Built for Hawgood Transportation Co., of Cleveland

Source: Swayze

Two new shipwrecks found! That's AWESOME. Can't wait to see the footage. I wonder if they are going to release the number and buoy them for divers to see as part of the preserve???

These wrecks are for tech divers only as they are in 300ft of water. When the sanctuary gets the expansion these wrecks will be in the boundaries.

These wrecks are for tech divers only as they are in 300ft of water.

Well boys, that's definitely out of my range. :(

I spent two weeks on the project sonyshiphunt in May. The names of the wrecks have now been released. The documentary will be aired Aug. 30th. To learn more click on the l
Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary | Shiphunt

Just a reminder that the show will air next Tues. at 10 est. We spent a week diving the wrecks in July. Great diving and we had great vis and some natural light.

I wanna go... when are they planning on releasing the locations? I just spent a long weekend up there in the area and LOVE the shipwrecks there!

I couldn't find the name of the show or what channel on the website. Help!

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom