Automated External Defibrillators on Dive Boats

Are AEGs available on dive boats that you've been on?

• Most all boats that I've been on have them (please specify where).

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Some of the boats I've been on have them (please specify where).

• AEGs seem to be on boats in one area but not another (please specify where).

• None of the boats have AEGs (please specify where).

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have not seen one on a day trip charter boat yet. But not to worried as I have my own AED.

It's really not surprising who an audit exposes

I dove with the R/V Go-Between through Outer Banks Dive Center in Nag's Head over the summer; they had an AED.

I do not recall seeing AED's on dive boats around various Caribbean sites we have dived, St Thomas, Belize, PR, T & C, Curacao, Bonaire, Key Largo, etc, but I may smply have not spotted them. I do know that I have not heard them mentioned during predive briefings, where radio, CB channels, O2, life jackets and First Aid kits were.

My question relates to AED and water. Seems to me using an AED in any environment where water is likely present on or near the victim will require need for added precautions to prevent more accidents.

A dive buddy of mine has one so when I haved with her she has brought it on the boat. I think it is a good idea. Our club has attempted to get grants to fund one but so far no luck (though we've managed to get other safety gear such as first aid kit, O2 kit, etc).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom