Dangerous Crossing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the OLD Living Underwater boat owned by the company previous to the current ownership. It used to be a nice boat but was a POS the last time I dived off of it, which would be quite a few years ago now.

I wonder when it became a glass bottom boat? It wasn't last time I dived off it. But like I said, that was a long time ago.

I doubt that 15 NM would have them anywhere close to Isla Mujeres.

For some more trivia, it appears to be 40 NM from the northern marina to southern tip of Isla Mujeres.

For some more trivia, it appears to be 40 NM from the northern marina to southern tip of Isla Mujeres.

Thanks for a good distance. Then add TBD NM since they reportedly left from the Caleta.

Thanks for a good distance. Then add TBD NM since they reportedly left from the Caleta.

It was just a comment from one of the divers that did the drift after the boat sunk. And the drift would have been from some where between playa and coz. Im sure with the time in the water they thought they should be approching Isla ( or Cuba) LOL Sorry if not accurate.

Or they could thank the Yacht (note the cap) that did help them. Did they see any sharks?

bwahhhhhh
I bet a few saw them....
And also...whoa....holy crap....4 hours is a long time to be just drifting and wondering...

About 46.5 from Caleta to the southern tip. Of course I have no idea what course they were on or where exactly the bullsharks are. (or any thing else for that matter.) Just some more trivia thanks to Google Earth.....

Yes thank goodness that all involved were rescued and are OK. Aparrently, the glass bottom,which had been fiberglassed over, but not removed, failed and that caused the boat to sink very quickly. I was told by the aunt of the captain that it went down in less than a minute! Scarry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom