Nitek Q Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

haven't heard anything on the software yet, but can offer a bit of advice on diving the Q. dont try to dive it w/out the charger plug in it. it doesn't last too long. doh!

luckily they are able to rebuild them relatively cheap, and I was very happy to hear I was the 3rd person to do this, made me feel not quite so retarded.

They said the next software update will include a reminder on start up to replace the plug...

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?evnsue

My Nitek Q just came in two days ago. I really hope this software comes out soon.

Any new info on this? Maybe dive rite might chime in and address us loyal customers.

Started this thread nearly 2 moths ago and still no comment from Dive Rite.

Interesting though that they have found time in the interim to start 2 new threads promoting themselves.

Just received this reply from Dive Rite to an enquiry today about the software. Just not good enough Dive Rite, not by a long way

Simon,

I do not have an ETA on the completion at this time.

Safe Diving
Jon Bernot
Dive Rite

Well that sucks. Dive Rite usually has great customer service. At least you have an honest answer though. None of the "two weeks" and then 4 weeks later it's "two weeks" again. Damn. I need this software.

Got the Nitek Q and I am totally disappointed. The concept of a computer growing with you is a great idea. However, the computer is so basic that at the base price it does not even have a safety stop countdown or a deep safety stop count down. I called Diverite and they said they have not designed it yet? It was like buying a nice car with no motor but you can buy everything piece by piece at a seperate price. Diverite also didn't even have a lens protector. They recommended a cell phone protector which I am now using. The problem is now, there is a huge glare that you can hardly see the screen because of the screen color in contrast to the screen protector. For the value you can get much more with any other 3 gas switching computer on the market. I hope Diverite makes some serious adjustments to this computer because I know they do have a good product line. I think the carriage is infront of the horse on this computer when it came out ! who agrees..

I'm getting the impression that Dive Rite thinks that if they ignore the issue, sooner or later people will just stop asking. I, for one, am getting pretty fed up with stock response concerning the software. Ordinarily, I wouldn't care, but the difference here is that this computer was apparently designed in such a way that you NEED the software for it to be as functional as a computer that costs $250-$300. So not having that software is kind of a PITA, especially for those of us who dropped $1000 on one.

Get the lead out. At this point I'll take the "buggy" software. This is ridiculous.

I'm getting the impression that Dive Rite thinks that if they ignore the issue, sooner or later people will just stop asking. I, for one, am getting pretty fed up with stock response concerning the software. Ordinarily, I wouldn't care, but the difference here is that this computer was apparently designed in such a way that you NEED the software for it to be as functional as a computer that costs $250-$300. So not having that software is kind of a PITA, especially for those of us who dropped $1000 on one.

Get the lead out. At this point I'll take the "buggy" software. This is ridiculous.

I hate to believe this, but it is hard not to do just that. I am a big fan or Dive Rite products, and have been buying their stuff for 10 years now. Lights, regs, fins, masks, wings, pockets, computers, stage kits, bungees, etc etc etc. I am hoping they just want to put out a good product in the end. As much as I love my Q, and I really do, I am almost starting to regret the purchase of it because of how limited it is now.

When I ordered my Nitek Q I emailed DGE to inquire about shipping. It had been a few days since I had placed the order and had not received any information. They informed me it had to go back to Dive Rite for the up grade to CC. Guessing if the software was available at the time DGE could of done the up grades in house.

Al

Waiting

Back
Top Bottom