Nitek Q Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I loaded workbench around Christmas time and because of the Java update it did not work. I tried starting it up yesterday and it did work so I think they managed to find a fix.

What platform and OS are you using?
Does anyone else have their computer and software up and running correctly now?
Travis said that he would send an e-mail as soon as they had found a fix, but I haven't heard anything from him.

Windows 7,

I haven't tried hooking up the dive computer to the computer yet(got the wrong one shipped to me), so there may still be issues with that portion. Before I couldn't even start the program and now I can open it up and plan dives.

I was told that an e-mail would be sent out once the software is operational too but still haven't received it.

hope that helps

I was able get it to work on my son's Win7 computer when I bought the Custom GF upgrade...but it was a lot of trial and error before I finally got it. haven't tried since then...

Thought this might be of some interest (re: DR electronics). It has to do with the electronics on the O2ptima, but electronics nonetheless.

[h=5]Widow Blames Scuba Gear for Death of National Geographic Filmmaker Wes Skiles
[/h]
WEST PALM BEACH (CN) -

Well-known National Geographic filmmaker Wesley Skiles drowned while shooting underwater because his Dive Rite scuba gear malfunctioned, his widow claims in Palm Beach County Court. Terri Skiles claims that Dive Rite knew its oxygen monitoring system had a propensity to malfunction because it had been recalled multiple times, but Dive Rite ignored "serious quality control issues" and tampered with the scuba equipment evidence after the fatality...

Skiles says her husband's death could have been prevented: "In the years preceding the incident, Dive Rite was aware of serious quality control issues with the 02ptima FX rebreather. In fact, Hires was warned several times that because of the hasty manner in which the 02ptima FX rebreather was being assembled, the electronics and oxygen sensors on the 02ptima FX rebreather were being damaged by unknown sources of moisture leading to catastrophic failures, and that such failures would occur in such a way as to give the diver absolutely no warning of the failure...

Terry Skiles seeks damages for wrongful death, deceptive trade, conspiracy to spoliate evidence, negligent spoliation of evidence, breach of warranty, costs and funeral expenses...

A new Java update was released a couple of days ago. Has anyone noticed if this took care of the issue that the NiTeq Q was having which made it unable to communicate with a PC/Mac effectively?

A new Java update was released a couple of days ago. Has anyone noticed if this took care of the issue that the NiTeq Q was having which made it unable to communicate with a PC/Mac effectively?

Yep. Works fine now for me.

Back
Top Bottom