Nitek Q Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did they fix it with the latest revision so it will show what time of day you made the dive on the log screen?

JamesK, I ended up doing as you did. I ran into Lamar at Ginnie and they took the Nitek Q to there shop and flashed it for me. So now that's out of the way.
This was last week, since I have tried several times to install the Workbench software. I'm traveling and so have been using motel and restaurant wifi. From what Dive Rite has told me this is probably the problem. So I'm hoping once I'm back home next week I can download the program again and have it install correctly.
Did you have any problem installing Workbench? When I try I get a box telling me the installation has failed and to contact my system admin. who ever that would be, as this is a personal computer I guess me.

Thanks, Al

Just noticed this, but yes, I can not get it to install with Win 7 either.

James, Below is a email I received from Lamar.

Hi Al,
I haven't forgot about you but I have learned more about the program than I care to know. I was able to recreate the same issue on my work station at the office. My IT guy spent the day trying to figure it out. This is what he discovered.

My user profile has some corrupt files that do not allow my user to have full administrator rights even though I should. He logged out from Lamar and logged back in under administrator and installed the program and everything worked properly. Go figure. He informed me it wasn't the program but something in my user profile. Since the WorkBench calls out to the Internet to install, check for updates and push firmware updates you must have full administrator rights. Please indulge me and try to install under user "administrator" and see what happens.

I did as suggested and was able to download and install the Workbench software. Below is a link to what I did to be able to log on as the Administrator. Once I did that I was able to get things working. So far I need to log on using this new Administrator access in order to view/use Workbench. At some point I'll look into being able to just log on normally.
How to Log on as Administrator in Windows 7?

James, Below is a email I received from Lamar.

Hi Al,
I haven't forgot about you but I have learned more about the program than I care to know. I was able to recreate the same issue on my work station at the office. My IT guy spent the day trying to figure it out. This is what he discovered.

My user profile has some corrupt files that do not allow my user to have full administrator rights even though I should. He logged out from Lamar and logged back in under administrator and installed the program and everything worked properly. Go figure. He informed me it wasn't the program but something in my user profile. Since the WorkBench calls out to the Internet to install, check for updates and push firmware updates you must have full administrator rights. Please indulge me and try to install under user "administrator" and see what happens.

I did as suggested and was able to download and install the Workbench software. Below is a link to what I did to be able to log on as the Administrator. Once I did that I was able to get things working. So far I need to log on using this new Administrator access in order to view/use Workbench. At some point I'll look into being able to just log on normally.
How to Log on as Administrator in Windows 7?

Great!! Thanks. I will try this tomorrow.

ScubaAl, I got it to work using your advice. Thank you!!!!!!!

Too bad I have to run it in Administrator all the time. Oh well.

ScubaAl, I got it to work using your advice. Thank you!!!!!!!

Too bad I have to run it in Administrator all the time. Oh well.

How exactly did you get it to work? I've followed every bit of advice on this forum so far without any luck. The message I keep receiving is
"Unable to contact FX server fx.heliox.com (69.89.5.30) on port 443. Is the dotFX application URI correct? Does the machine have an active network connection?"

My internet connection is working great and I have tried it on both wireless and hard-wired to the wall. I have logged in as the administrator, run the program as the administrator, installed and re-installed, etc. No luck.

So I bought a new laptop, and it has Windows 8 (not by choice). Well, guess what doesn't run on there... The Workbench installer doesn't work, and I'm guessing the Workbench software itself won't either. While I don't use Workbench all that often, this means I cannot upgrade the Q for more gasses as I was planning on doing this spring.

Is DiveRite (well, I'm pretty sure it isn't actually DiveRite that would be fixing it, but instead that incompetent dotFX company) planning on fixing this situation somehow? And by "fixing" I really mean ditching dotFX and doing things on a reasonable platform?

If there is some sort of resolution in sight, what's the estimated time for it? Or should I just use my new Nitek Q as a backup/bottom timer (which I would NOT have paid $600 for) and buy a Shearwater?

"Unable to contact FX server fx.heliox.com (69.89.5.30) on port 443.

Was that site actually available at the time? It goes down very often. Also, are you using a proxy? It does not like proxies.

So I bought a new laptop, and it has Windows 8 (not by choice). Well, guess what doesn't run on there... The Workbench installer doesn't work, and I'm guessing the Workbench software itself won't either. While I don't use Workbench all that often, this means I cannot upgrade the Q for more gasses as I was planning on doing this spring.

Is DiveRite (well, I'm pretty sure it isn't actually DiveRite that would be fixing it, but instead that incompetent dotFX company) planning on fixing this situation somehow? And by "fixing" I really mean ditching dotFX and doing things on a reasonable platform?

If there is some sort of resolution in sight, what's the estimated time for it? Or should I just use my new Nitek Q as a backup/bottom timer (which I would NOT have paid $600 for) and buy a Shearwater?

Was that site actually available at the time? It goes down very often. Also, are you using a proxy? It does not like proxies.

everytime I ask, I am told a fix is on it's way....I may try and find someone to buy mine locally and switch back to a shearwater.

It doesn't work on my Mac, either. OS 10.9.1, Java 7. And no answer from DiveRite to my emails, either.

It doesn't work on my Mac, either. OS 10.9.1, Java 7. And no answer from DiveRite to my emails, either.

well i tried to load Workbench on the weekend. Win7 - its a Java based software packsge but i had a failure ss well. I will trying it on a fresh load of win7 tonorrow.
( trimix Nitek Q version 2.05)

Back
Top Bottom