Nitek Q Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Dive Rite I should have the install files as soon as the programmer is back from Europe I will check on it tomorrow. We have two house units to test it on before we release it"

The above is what was post on FB about the bootloader. This was on Jan. 7 sure wish this would get resolved. Been told too many time "soon".

Al

"Dive Rite I should have the install files as soon as the programmer is back from Europe I will check on it tomorrow. We have two house units to test it on before we release it"

The above is what was post on FB about the bootloader. This was on Jan. 7 sure wish this would get resolved. Been told too many time "soon".

Al

Seeing as another month has gone by, what is now the latest? I'm guessing the "in house units" must of failed running the bootloader.
Man I wish this would get resolved:depressed:

*Update*

I took my Q to Dive Rite on Monday. In the two and a half hours I was there Kenny was able to give me a complete tour of the factory, modify my strap to make it more user friendly, show me how to modify my old DR regs to make them breath easier and give me some parts to do it with, BS and discuss the survey dives we did at Madison the day before, install the red oring for the charging plug, update the firmware in my Q, unlock some more features that I wanted, and show me how to work the workbench software. The Q stuff only took a few minutes to do. Great customer service.

After playing with everything I am once again very happy with this computer. If you want to send your computer to Dive Rite, or stop by, they can take care of it all in house. Doing anything wrong in the update could brick the computer, and they want to be the ones to take care of any issues. I can understand that. It is nice to be able to "log" my dives now.

If I can work it out I may be heading to N.Florida in just over a week. Dropping the computer looks like the best option.

Al

If you can make that happen, I would recommend it. They can take care of it while you wait. Kenny took care of mine.

So I'm in the market for a new comp, I was looking at the Q since it seemed to be a great price/feature combination but those software issues look like a real pain to live with.

Could anyone sum up what is broken with it ? Some report that the temperature is not logged, some dives seem not to be logged either, some have battery issues, are there any other issues...
Is there any aknowledgement for all those mishaps from Dive Rite & ETA for fixes ?

So I'm in the market for a new comp, I was looking at the Q since it seemed to be a great price/feature combination but those software issues look like a real pain to live with.

Could anyone sum up what is broken with it ? Some report that the temperature is not logged, some dives seem not to be logged either, some have battery issues, are there any other issues...
Is there any aknowledgement for all those mishaps from Dive Rite & ETA for fixes ?

The new version computers have the problems fixed. It was the older first gen models, like mine, that had issues. My computer has had the firmware updated now though, and works properly.

The new version computers have the problems fixed. It was the older first gen models, like mine, that had issues. My computer has had the firmware updated now though, and works properly.

Is it possible to update the firmware locally or do I have to send it back to DR ?

Is it possible to update the firmware locally or do I have to send it back to DR ?

It depends on your computer. 1st gen computers have to be sent back at this time.

JamesK, I ended up doing as you did. I ran into Lamar at Ginnie and they took the Nitek Q to there shop and flashed it for me. So now that's out of the way.
This was last week, since I have tried several times to install the Workbench software. I'm traveling and so have been using motel and restaurant wifi. From what Dive Rite has told me this is probably the problem. So I'm hoping once I'm back home next week I can download the program again and have it install correctly.
Did you have any problem installing Workbench? When I try I get a box telling me the installation has failed and to contact my system admin. who ever that would be, as this is a personal computer I guess me.

Thanks, Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom