Nitek Q Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was told on FB that they expected it out the end of the month (Dec 2012). I know we have heard this before to the point its become kind of a joke.

Al (not a happy camper)

Dive Rite - Dive Rite's online journal exploring the latest in technical diving » NiTek Q Workbench Software & Optional Bungee Mount

Apparently it's been there for 6 weeks! I downloaded and installed the PC version (strange process) but get this when I try to download logs: "This version works with Nitek Q units with firmware 2.0 and higher. As soon as the next version is ready (later this month) computers with earlier firmware versions can be updated via the Workbench and will then work with all the functions in Workbench." Apparently I don't have 2.0 firmware yet. So more waiting...

Dive Rite - Dive Rite's online journal exploring the latest in technical diving » NiTek Q Workbench Software & Optional Bungee Mount

Apparently it's been there for 6 weeks! I downloaded and installed the PC version (strange process) but get this when I try to download logs: "This version works with Nitek Q units with firmware 2.0 and higher. As soon as the next version is ready (later this month) computers with earlier firmware versions can be updated via the Workbench and will then work with all the functions in Workbench." Apparently I don't have 2.0 firmware yet. So more waiting...

What generation computer do you have? Is the plug on the charging port black or red? If it is black that software will not work with it.

This was posted on FB in reply to my question on when it would be available(bootloader)
Dive Rite I should have the install files as soon as the programmer is back from Europe I will check on it tomorrow. We have two house units to test it on before we release it.

I plan on dropping mine off with them next time I drive through.

@JamesK, right, I have the older version with the black charging port. Hopefully the new version of the Workbench software will allow me to upgrade the firmware as promised.

@JamesK, right, I have the older version with the black charging port. Hopefully the new version of the Workbench software will allow me to upgrade the firmware as promised.
I also have the black charge port plug and the same problem now the battery has given up the ghost completely starting to wish i had bought a shearwater petrel at least the battery is-user changeable

That sucks about your battery. I would give Dive Rite a call. I am going by there Monday to drop mine off and see what try can do for me. I will post my results. I expect good things though, because aside from this Q issue, I have never had bad service from them.

Back
Top Bottom