Can you clarify difference between Mares Puck and Puck Pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Setsailsoon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Zak,

I'm looking at the Puck Pro and Puck. The website is ambiguious as to the firmware upgrade capability. In one section it says the "software" is upgradable. Is this the firmware? Also the area where the little icons that indicate capability it shows the Puck Pro has a mineral face, but the uprgradable firmware icon is greyed out indicating that's not a featrure of the Pro. Which one's correct?

Also, is it not possible to register my Mares products online? If this is not the case can you champion to case to add this capablility? This is the first product I've bought in years that I can't do that for. Let's get with the times!

Thanks for being here for us.

Chris

Last edited:
Hi Chris, Good questions. Puck Pro is a new computer and is not quite available yet. We should see it sometime this summer. Note: the biggest difference between the two is the pro will have a larger display due to the button being moved to the bottom of the computer. This will effectively give us approx 20% more display space to present more information. Both computers are "firmware" upgradeable. There will be a few other differences, however I am reluctant to mention until they come to market.

I am championing the online registration.

Thanks,

Zak

Thanks for the info Zak. I went ahead and got the Puck and love it! When the Pro comes out I'll get one of them for my wife.

I really like your products!

Chris

Hi,
Any idea of "when" this summer the puck pro will be released? I'm upgrading from my Veo100 and would like to get the pro, but need a nitrox computer before the end of June and don't want to settle for the puck if the pro is coming out very soon!
Thanks,
Scuter

I recently purchased a puck pro and my wife has a puck, we went diving last week and i managed to go into deco on 3 dives, no one else i was diving with came close, so im just wondering if the puck pro is way more conservative..? While in deco it told me to deep stop (was at about 15m) told me to go to 12m, when i went up to 13m it rest and said 99min to deco, dont know if its faulty or not... And the other thing was the audible alarm did not sound when i did a fast assent (22m/min). If i take it to a repair centre is it possible for them to analyse the profiles to see if i actually would of been in deco or not?

Note i do understand that if i was a little bit deeper than everyone else then it makes sense me going into deco, our profiles were similar, its not as if i went to 40m.

Cheers
Peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom