Dry suit - if money was no object!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DUI CF200 for cold water and durability. I use a TLS 350 for warmer waters but CF for wrecks and anything else that I need durability.

Yeah, DUI CF200 definitely

Mmm....well.....if I may be so bold. Varying temperatures of dive sites? Hard fitting off the rack sizes? Would like to travel with the suit? Three areas the whites fusion works exceptionally well. Certainly if money is no object then you can go with the full bullet package with the undergarment and an extra tech skin. Very unlikely you'd ever have to buy another drysuit again. People have their favorites just make sure the reasons why apply to your wants and situation. I've owned/dove whites (several models) Bare and DUI. They all have pros/cons, it's up to you to thoroughly research and make an informed decision. Best of luck.

I heard good thing about white a lot, do they have demo events like DUI?

Yes, in the past few years, Whites has done tours like the DUI Dog Days. It's a great way to get to try out their suits.

You couldn't pay me to wear a dui suit given my experiences with the flx extreme, cf200 and tls350. I was underwhelmed to say the least. I have been happy with my trilam HOG but I've also been considering one of the pinnacle black ice suits. I have several friends that very much like their white bullets too.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I just ordered a mtm santi e.motion after test diving on a demo day. I found it very easy to get on and off compared with my bare nex gen. Off the rack did not work because of hips, it was nice and light, about 8 lbs I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another vote for the White's Fusion. In addition to what has already been said, you can also get them with the replaceable seals (like the DUI zipseal only better IMHO because you can use any seal, silicon or latex).

Regarding the "hard to get into" problem -- that really depends on how bulky your undergarment. The "hard part" seems to be getting your legs into the suit. Yes, mine Fusion takes a minute or two more time to get my legs in than my Bare compressed neoprene suit. OTOH, it takes less time, effort and pain to get my arms and head into my Fusion than my Bare -- and I don't need a buddy to get my Fusion on or off like I do with the Bare.

BTW, it is funny how, over the years, my Bare has "shrunk" and fits just a little tighter in places while my Fusion just seems to expand where it is needed!

Another reason I like the fusion....if I shrink down to "fighting" weight or take on some turkey pounds....it still fits.

I bet your "money tree" will allow the Whites Fusion suit as an expense. Personally, I prefer a Neoprene suit, but the vast majority of my diving takes place here on the west coast.

I have assisted many Fusion suit divers while they are learning dry suit techniques and wore it a few times myself. It is an amazing suit, very versatile for many conditions, allowing for many undergarment options and allows for many body shapes without custom sizing. Also resilient enough to survive as shop teaching and rental suits.

It seems to me that this suit will fit all your criteria. +1 for the Whites Fusion.

Back
Top Bottom