White's fusion for big calf size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sure Justin from whites will post soon(he was a student of mine)......but for info, I'm 6'3", 290lbs with 17" calves and the 4xl fusion bullet fit generously with lots of room all over. I did the Michelin man test and I was absolutely huge......lots of space.

how are sales for the handle going?

Wabbit, my calves are about that and I was told that I would need custom. This was by both mike and the whites guy at a show. With that said mike thinks the are being too conservative. Mike is supposed to send me a couple of the fusion ones to try. I'll let you know when I get them. I had hoped they would get here sooner than later, I believe dema got in the way. HTH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My calves are 18" (according to my last custom boot measurements). I had to go with a 2XL/3XL just to get the calves large enough to work with lighter undergarments. I can get into it (barely) with my DUI Polartec 300 undergarment, but it's work.

Hey 00Wabbit,
I would recommend a 4XL suit, depending on what you are wearing for undergarments it should be ok. We have expanded the material around the calf on the second release of the Fusion Dry Core. Hope this helps if you have any other questions please drop me a line anytime.
Cheers.

I had to get my Fusion custom'd for the legs and the arms on a 4xl, though I could have gone with a 3xl as a base. The 4xl really only seems to add height to the suit and very little to the width of the arms and legs. KEEP IN MIND that the tech or bullet skins will also need to be modified to accommodate any width increase as well. I've found the tech skin doesn't have that much stretch in the calves, so while I have plenty of dry core material in the legs, the skin and velcro ankle rings will restrict almost as much as if the dry core was off the rack. I would also recommend the oval rings if you get the replaceable seals. They flex a little and allow a little more room in the wrists than the round wrist rings. A White's rep told me they could modify the skin for me.

Could someone please provide an update on the subject? I also have 19-in calves and otherwise would fit into the 2XL-3XL size. My LDS did not have a ONE in my size but instead they let me try a different White's suit which was supposed to be similar. I only had some fairly thin sweat pants on me and it felt as if I was really filling the suit but I am not 100% sure, if it was maxed out / unaccaptable, or not. The sales person was not sure either way either :) I really have no drysuit experience and it is hard for me to judge what I saw and then predict the consequences under water... I could still bend my legs in knees with no pain or extreme tightness, but again, I was certainly close to a maximum acceptable "fill" level..

At the same time, this is the only suit right now that I can fit into my budget. Therefore, any advice to get a custom model wil not work for me :)

I ended up getting the 4xl and crossing my fingers. It's snug in the calves but not too tight. I can definitely fit any undergarment I would want under it. I got the bullet skin which probably adds to the snug feeling.

The thing with the fusion is you really have to hook up the air to it and pump it up a bit for the inner bag to move around and settle into place. After that it feels great and I could wear it all day. It's like a wetsuit in that regard - It feels weird at first but once you let it settle into place by putting some air in it then dumping the air it fits great and feels fine.

My only complaint is that the permanent wrist wrings sit on my hands not my wrists. I am going to do the wrist fix that is documented on this forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom