Diving in Tulamben Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba0326

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all Scuba Fans...

I am going to Tulamben Bali for diving trips this July, can somebody recommend nice and comfortable resort to stay... As I am not going for purely divetrip... will do 1-2 dives in a day....the rest of the day I just want to relax and rest..... So I do not mind to pay extra for comfort... Thanks in advances

You may want to check with Bob.
Goes by NWGratefulDiver on this board.
He did this trip a while back.

Hi all Scuba Fans...

I am going to Tulamben Bali for diving trips this July, can somebody recommend nice and comfortable resort to stay... As I am not going for purely divetrip... will do 1-2 dives in a day....the rest of the day I just want to relax and rest..... So I do not mind to pay extra for comfort... Thanks in advances

Most any dive shop will pick you up from most any place along that coast to dive Tulamben. I'm partial to The Blue Moon Amed East Bali Villa - Blue Moon Villas :: Luxury Bali Villa Rental Accommodation nicley upscale without breaking the bank. The Japanese wreck is just a short hike away, nice for snorkeling, a bit too much in the surf line for my taste so the water is pretty churned up. This is also the put-in spot to dive Gili Selang. Be warned that the currents at Gili Selang can be "interesting", but they also make for fantastic coral. Again most all dive shops can set you up.

I agree with Gekodivebali: Ocean View is a great option; i was there this year and I'd come back.

Note that in Tulamben there's little to do beyond diving, eating, and sleeping. In other words, you might prefer to dive three times per day, including a night dive.

I like Scuba Seraya, nice, on beach, quiet, low key. Also check out Villa Markessa, next door. Tulamben Wreck Divers in "town", has a nice pool for relaxation. Close to "everything" and across street from Liberty wreck. There are others, but I know only these.

Wherever you stay, you will pretty much dive the same sites.

We are looking to do a few easy dives (as its been a year since our last dives) before we board the Mermaid II next month. Is Tulamben a good place to get reaquainted with the process?

---------- Post added May 8th, 2013 at 12:53 PM ----------

We are looking to do a few easy dives (as its been a year since our last dives) before we board the Mermaid II next month. Is Tulamben a good place to get reaquainted with the process?

Went to gekodivebali.com and found great info...so nvm...thx :))

Tulamben: USAT Liberty Wreck, Drop-off, Seraya Dive Sites | Bali Diving Centre | Scuba Dive Bali | Indonesia

Hi, I just got back from Tulamben this week. We did not do more than 2 dives a day, too pooped. Stayed at Tulamben Wreck Divers. I would recommend them. Did the wreck 3 times. twice at 6:30 am and did see the bumphead parrotfish. Guide also found us a tiny baby blk frogfish about an inch long! After the second dive, we would go eat lunch, then relax by the pool. Managed to fill the day up doing nothing. Let me know if you have any other questioins. Have fun! Wish I was going back.......

Back
Top Bottom