Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dived Local's Ledge today from my boat. Vis was easily 70 ft. I could see from one pinnacle to the other, and down to the sand channel about 100 ft away. Simply gorgeous.

How was the temperature? We saw 45 at lobos on Friday.

We had 25-30' of viz on a couple of Reef Check dives at Lover's Pt and the Aquarium this morning. My Oceanic read 46-47F. Young of the year rockfish were abundant.

The surface at Coral street was like glass this morning. Temps in the 50F to 53F range. Viz about 20feet. The kelp is pretty thick & we meandered a bit, so never even reached 30feet depth. Lots of juveniles in the water but not many larger fish. There were several harbor seals on the rocks but they never bothered to visit us.

Anybody hit up Monastery? Going to try it on Tuesday. Conditions last Tuesday below.

Attachments

• Dive 288 289 097.jpg
    Dive 288 289 097.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Sorry for the large picture. I tried to delete it but I can't figure out how.

Just read a report that said Butterfly House had 70ft vis today. Report said water temp was 46 and kelp was very thick. The person reporting this is pretty spot on with his estimates and dives quite often, so I believe the report to be accuarate.

Back
Top Bottom