Seattle/Bainbridge Supervised Dives for Buddyless Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zayn

New
Reaction score
I'll be visiting Seattle and Bainbridge Island regularly over the next few months and would like to get in some diving. Can anyone recommend any supervised/guided dives offered by local dive shops that would be suitable for a solo (buddy-less) diver? Shore dives or boat dives would be fine. I'm an experienced non-technical cold water diver. No gear needed except tanks. Thanks in advance!

Very curious as to what you mean by supervised/guided solo dives? Do you mean someone to watch over you or info on dives because you don't know the area.

Not so much here on the Kitsap side, although there is a small group of us that dive fairly local sites (I'm in Poulsbo). I heard that Exotic Aquatics started doing charters again, but good luck diving solo.

I'd recommend signing onto the NW Dive Club forum (Northwest Dive Club ? Index page) and posting on the Dive Planning board that you are looking for buddy(ies). I've never had problems finding someone to dive with, usually someone who knows the dive spot.

Yes, you should have no problem finding someone with whom to dive, but if you prefer to hire someone, most of the local dive shops will provide you with a DM or instructor with whom to do shore dives. Northwest Dive Club is an excellent resource for finding a buddy -- and there are standing dives at a variety of sites around the Sound on almost every night of the week.

Back
Top Bottom