Is the TSA on the alert for people wearing explosive-laden "muscle suits" ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
Tuesday, after going through the rotating X-ray machine @ EWR wearing a t-shirt, I was asked to "step over here please" and underwent a quick patting down of my butt and upper torso. When I asked what they were looking for, the guy asked me if was "flexing." When I asked him what he was talking about, he just said "never mind" and that I could go. Have I been molested,
or are they really looking for fake-muscle-explosives?

I think you were molested. Those machines will show a kleenex in your pocket. Pretty sure they'd be able to tell if you were wearing a "suit".

I think he liked your body and wanted a personal exam...

I try to always opt out for the scan.. If we ALL DO IT, the system will come to a standstill and the BS will have to stop... AND I also think it is incredibly insensitive to have a man pat down a man and a woman pat down a women. We NEED to have the ability to state our sexual orientation and for tSA to accommodate our "preference" and select the appropriate gender of the "feeler upper"... I'm actually serious,, a little.

So were you a really wearing a muscle suit or do you work out?

Are you tapping your foot guruboy?

I'm going to opt out today. I'm sure they are going to freak when they see my regulator bag. long hose, stage bottle reg, canister light, spare batteries...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom