Rescue Certification Completed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations as well. Mine had to be done 5 days straight which was a lot to absorb. Lot's of mental work. Studying the manual months ahead helped a lot.

Thanks everyone! The course has definitely raised my confidence level. Not really sure what's next for me. My husband is interested in continuing on to Dive Master. I would rather save my money for more dive trips.

---------- Post added September 10th, 2013 at 07:25 PM ----------

Congrats! Now that you are a rescue diver you should also look at doing the emergency 02 provider. Here we do what is called rescue plus. We combine the EFR, Rescue and 02 provider into one course at a discount. the 02 provider adds greatly to the little you cover during rescue and is definitely worth doing and knowing.

I have my ACLS certification, have been trained in O2 adminstration. Would this course add anything new to what I have already been trained for? I am always open to furthering my education but don't want to take unnecessary courses.

Congratulations, I really enjoyed getting rescue, now I enjoy my students happiness when they finish

Does it seem a little odd that everyone who takes a course on how to pull dead and dying divers out of the water, do mouth to mouth while someone is blowing chunks and administer oxygen while the victim is spewing bloody froth says...."most fun I've had in a course".:confused:

Wouldn't "most sobering course" be more realistic?
Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks everyone! The course has definitely raised my confidence level. Not really sure what's next for me. My husband is interested in continuing on to Dive Master. I would rather save my money for more dive trips.

---------- Post added September 10th, 2013 at 07:25 PM ----------

I have my ACLS certification, have been trained in O2 adminstration. Would this course add anything new to what I have already been trained for? I am always open to furthering my education but don't want to take unnecessary courses.

The class covers the types of masks (which to use and when), assembly of the equipment and actual administration (And giving cpr if not breathing, forcing the 02 into the lungs with rescue breathing.) of the 02. If you are trained already I would not suggest it as you already have the knowledge that you would learn in the class.

Does it seem a little odd that everyone who takes a course on how to pull dead and dying divers out of the water, do mouth to mouth while someone is blowing chunks and administer oxygen while the victim is spewing bloody froth says...."most fun I've had in a course".:confused:

Wouldn't "most sobering course" be more realistic?
Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Just because it's serious subject matter doesn't mean you can't have fun and enjoy learning how to handle it. As a matter of fact, I think it's important to make training for emergency situations fun because it is so serious.

My fiancée and I completed our rescue, emergency first response and O2 provider courses last weekend. Our dive club organised the course as a special price package and it was too good to miss. I have to say I agree with the comment of "really enjoyable course" but equally "sobering". I did find myself asking myself at one point "why am I diving?"

Anyway very pleased that I did the course and learned so much. Defo recommended highly. Congrats go to the OP. now, what's next? :)

My fiancée and I completed our rescue, emergency first response and O2 provider courses last weekend. Our dive club organised the course as a special price package and it was too good to miss. I have to say I agree with the comment of "really enjoyable course" but equally "sobering". I did find myself asking myself at one point "why am I diving?"

Anyway very pleased that I did the course and learned so much. Defo recommended highly. Congrats go to the OP. now, what's next? :)

I am planning on logging as much bottom time as possible. Although, now that it's getting chilly here in NC, I am thinking more and more about a dry suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diving in the uk means a drysuit is essential for comfort. Never looked back since getting one :)

Will take some pretty toasty water to tempt me to dive wet now :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom