Does anyone wear a watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This will be mine. It a Suunto Core I've had for a few years. I've changed the battery twice which is super easy to do. It's a depth gauge, bottom timer and also has a compass. I wear it daily also. I still have my dive computer and compass mounted in my console.

6egune5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ware one on each dive. I only take the computer on those deeper than 30-40', and look at both (hard to get out of the habbit of looking at the watch). Shallow dives no computer--just another thing to rinse. My (current) $25 Casio watch is over 2 years old. I let it stay on for 2 days after the dive then stop it to save the battery (this assures no water gets in). I've been told that once you replace a battery a watch is more prone to leaking.

if your talking about a normal watch, some of the cheap $10 ones from walmart can work pretty deep. friend of mine has done a few 130 ft dives with his.

I would like one of these someday.

View attachment 177173

So would I, but I prefer the previous model (with the thinner lobes where the watch band connects to the case), and in black. Nothing quite like the classic look of the Submariner! (I prefer the newer watchband and clasp, though, in plain SS.) One of these days...

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

That would be the beauty of a $25 watch. When it dies you replace it with a new one.
I ware one on each dive. I only take the computer on those deeper than 30-40', and look at both (hard to get out of the habbit of looking at the watch). Shallow dives no computer--just another thing to rinse. My (current) $25 Casio watch is over 2 years old. I let it stay on for 2 days after the dive then stop it to save the battery (this assures no water gets in). I've been told that once you replace a battery a watch is more prone to leaking.

I've always worn a watch. In the 70's and 80's it was a Seiko, which sadly I lost while body surfing.

These days it is a Citizen Eco-Drive "Divers 300M", which reminds me a little bit of my still-mourned Seiko. It is my everyday watch too, and like somebody else mentioned, helps remind me of my favorite hobby:

CTZBN000004H.jpg

I guess I am an "analog" kind of guy.... it is easier for me to see run time at a glance using my dive watch... the digital readout on my dive computer requires me to "think" about the number I'm looking at for an additional second or two... "Is that run time, time of day, or no-deco time??"....

Showing my age, I guess.

Best wishes.

I dive with a Citizen Eco-Zilla. ecozilla.jpgIt's bulletproof and easy to read in nearly every environment.

Why wear a dive watch? It helps you be on time for the boat, and the evening after-dive luau. It can serve as a backup bottom timer if your computer craps out. If your divemaster says 'We'll surface after 50 minutes' you don't have to look at your computer and do mental math...you set the ring and keep an eye on it. It lets you do a quick/rough calculation of air consumption...if you've used 800psi after 20 minutes, you're doing okay [YMMV]. On the plane or in the bar, or elsewhere, it lets people know you're a diver and may lead to an interesting conversation.

Citizen promaster Ecodrive hyperaquland. It's my primary device until I turn my dive at thirds. Then I start looking at my Uwatec Tec2G. My third device is a set of US Navy tables in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. Either a Marathon GSAR, or my Luminox 3100 Navy Seals. I've yet to risk the Submariner (just worried about loss). The ONLY two places I DON'T wear a watch, are the bed and shower.

I have a dive computer in my console. The watch makes a decent back up.

I wear a Casio Sea Pathfinder SPW-1000. It has a timer, depth gauge, compass, barometer and thermometer in it. The timer and depth gauge start automatically when you descend. Great watch and a back up timer and depth gauge when diving.

Back
Top Bottom