Does anyone wear a watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may see about having Omega put the liquid metal ceramic bezel on it when it goes back for service in a couple years, though, as I hear those are both more durable and less reflective.

More scratch resistant than the old aluminum insert on the bezel and much less glare. I think that manufacturers either will go to the ceramic bezel insert ala Rolex & Omega, or go to the sapphire crystal with supernova timer markings ala IWC & Doxa.

My preference is the latter. Sapphire crystal is pretty darn scratch resistant and supernova time markers are nice to see at night.

DoxaSUB4000TUnderwater1_zps1848dc9a.jpg

Seiko Diver, about 30 years old, been on nearly every dive that I ever made. Mostly out of habit. I have a small dive watch collection (less that 15 watches). Like the look and feel. Mostly wear my G-shock for daily use.

NICE collections!

OK... If we are showing off... Can you tell that I LOVE dive watches???

DSCN1354.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

143C5D61-2ABC-4391-80E3-75D3AA4D5054-5365-0000013FD52516C8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

13c06b90.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

0132E2BE-C44B-446F-82EE-68A8B03F6127-1606-000000B7B83EAA25.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

No dive watch. 2 dive computers and I recently figured out that the mini bottom timer in my 25 yr old Sherwood console had user replaceable batteries. So add an automatic pressure activated bottom timer.

I have flooded too many elcheapo timex / Casio watches just splashing about at the beach. Makes me very nervous about taking one on a dive.

I don't wear a watch topside, but when I dive I wear two computers in the event one fails. Have had that happen on a long deco dive with a single computer years ago. Not fun trying to count the seconds...

<---I dive with my PAM243. I figure if you buy something you might as well use it.

My daily wear is a Steinhart Marine Officer Bronze. The Panerai is too big and pricey for wearing at work. I have yet to buy a 3rd watch but there is an itch...this blog DOES not help!!! OceanicTime

I should stop reading it but there are so many pretty watches out there that need a good home! I do have my eye on a Vintage VDB but I have trips to pay for and the recent 9% drop in the Canadian dollar put cream on that particular itch.

i don't wear a watch topside, but when i dive i wear two computers in the event one fails. Have had that happen on a long deco dive with a single computer years ago. Not fun trying to count the seconds...
"2232, 2233, 2322 *ah crap*"?

I wear a watch, too. Lately it's a Doxa, on a NATO. It's easy to read and a simple backup.

Yep, my Citizen's dive watch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom