Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I posted this thread, got the info I wanted (from this thread, asked around the LDSs), and finally got myself a set of Legend LX. Looks great! But haven't tried how they perform yet. Anyway, hope you guys can just wish me all the best! Thanx for all the opinions all these time!

Calvinator.

I use the Conshelf SE2's. First stage and 2 second stage, one as my primary and the other is my octo. They breathe extremely well for the depth Iv'e taken it to so far (120'). They are also indestructable :11:

freedive:
I use the Conshelf SE2's. First stage and 2 second stage, one as my primary and the other is my octo. They breathe extremely well for the depth Iv'e taken it to so far (120'). They are also indestructable :11:

I'm still looking for an octo. Can you recommend one BEST out of these 3?

i.) Mares' Octopus Proton
ii.) Aqualung's ABS Octopus
iii.) Aqualung's LPO Octopus

Thanks!

I would say the proton if you want something good breathing. I have breathed the LPO and ABS. Although there are some claims that one is balanced, and the other not, after taking them both apart, I cannot see any difference. They breathe alright but the best is that they are low profile and they are ambidextrous (no upsidedown).

Calvinator:
I'm still looking for an octo. Can you recommend one BEST out of these 3?

i.) Mares' Octopus Proton
ii.) Aqualung's ABS Octopus
iii.) Aqualung's LPO Octopus

Thanks!

I use an LPO. Works great and no problems with it.

rescuediver009:
I would say the proton if you want something good breathing. I have breathed the LPO and ABS. Although there are some claims that one is balanced, and the other not, after taking them both apart, I cannot see any difference. They breathe alright but the best is that they are low profile and they are ambidextrous (no upsidedown).

Last week, I heard a DM complained that his proton octopus tends to freeflow when he makes his entry. But, he doesn't know what is causing that to happen. Any ideas?

Anyway, I just bought an ABS two hours ago. I pray hard that I've made a right choice.

Calvinator.

Anybody that's interested, Marvel sells the Conshelf Octopus. Identical to 2nd stage of Conshelf XIV. That's what I use on mine.

jamiep3:
Anybody that's interested, Marvel sells the Conshelf Octopus. Identical to 2nd stage of Conshelf XIV. That's what I use on mine.

Who is Marvel? Do they have a website?

Calvinator:
Last week, I heard a DM complained that his proton octopus tends to freeflow when he makes his entry. But, he doesn't know what is causing that to happen. Any ideas?

Anyway, I just bought an ABS two hours ago. I pray hard that I've made a right choice.

Calvinator.
Alot of octos freeflow on entry. this is just because the mouthpiece is facing upward and the are trapped beneath the diaphragm is forced upward giving air.
Yikes! If this is a DM I would hesitate on his qualifications. The ABS is not bad. It is small and out of the way. Excellent for budy breathing. You should like it.

I have decided to use my Conshelf XII on my Argon bottle for my drysuit. It isn't environmentally sealed. Anyone see any issues with this or is one burst from the Argon going to freeze it up and send me topside in a super inflated drysuit? I was figuring that it wasn't building moisture from my breath and it is supplying Argon and not air, it would be much less prone to freezing up.

Back
Top Bottom