Wifes Birthday on the 16th where to eat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadeep1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So we will be in Coz the 10th thru the 24th and the wifes bday is the 16th where would you recommend taking her for dinner and fun? Have a car so travel not an issue.

guido's, sorrissi, casa mission, or rolandi's

My favorite high end, romantic restaurants are La Cocay, Kinta, and Kondesa. While I love Casa Mission, and wandering in the Gardens after dinner could be romantic, it is just not that intimate. Guido's is definitely an intimate restaurant, with a nice romantic courtyard, and Rolandi's could be very nice, with a small table for two overlooking the Ocean, I don't think the food at either Guido's or Rolandi's (which is very good, don't get me wrong) stacks up to the "wow" factor at La Cocay or Kinta. Another option for a romantic Italian Dinner, with a good bottle of Italian wine, might be the New Especias. I personally would go with either La Cocay or Kinta (Kondesa is owned by the same person that owns Kinta - food choices very similar, but I like the atmosphere at Kinta better). But I don't think you could go wrong with any of these restaurants.

Agree with DjDiverDan......Kinta or Kondesa, but I would also include El Moro

El Moro for Wife's special birthday dinner? I would say that depends on how long they have been married (and how long he wants to STAY married) and who else is on the trip with them. El Moro would be great for a loud, raucus, big fun party with a big group along for the celebration, which MIGHT be what the wife really wants. But if it were me, in Cozumel alone with the wife, I'd go quiet, intimate, romantic, somewhere that I could whisper quietly in her ear that she looks younger and more beautiful with each passing year. In other words, a dinner that will earn me points against all the other things I'm bound to do to piss her off in the coming year.

anyone here tried Buccanos at Night? It is the buccanos beach club and they serve dinner on the beach with torches lit up. do a google search for buccanos at night. Have not tried it but intend to do so when we are there in March. Looks like it would fill the bill as far as a romantic setting.

Gaffer

I have not tried Buccano's at Night, but I did do a recon trip up to Buccano's for Lunch in December '13 - it was overpriced, food was mediocre, service was terrible. I've read the raves for Buccano's food, but I'm not going to spend $16 round trip for a taxi up to the North Hotel Zone to risk another disappointment.

Of the places we ate on our last trip, if my husband was taking me out for my birthday- I'd want to go to Del Sur Argentina. Or maybe Guidos.

Of course, if my birthday fell on Thursday, and we were only in Cozumel for the week, then I'd want to go to La Perlita.

I think I'd want to follow either up with dessert and coffee at El Coffee Cozumel.

You might not want to take my advice though- I'm not really fancy (though you didn't say in your initial post you wanted fancy)- today is our 10th wedding anniversary and we are celebrating by playing Nintendo games and eating taquitos.

Back
Top Bottom