Article on Death In Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did the deceased dive the Doria on Air (on occasion or regularly)?

If so, yeah sure, damn stupid cowboy style and an accident waiting to happen and that MAY explain why ALLEGEDLY the deceased had brought an O2 marked bottle filled with Air to a Doria trip and the same bottle killed him later in the cave dive we discuss here (but then why did he not use that "Air" bottle on the Doria trip and die then and there because as we know it was instead filled with O2... the mystery thickens).

He went to dive the Doria. he took 2 deco stages of O2 because they were planning 2 dives. Dive one went okay, used up deco stage of O2. Dive 2 was blown out, so did not use 2nd deco stage of O2.
Went back to Canada and filled empty ali 80, which was permanently marked for O2, with air. Went to Florida and grabbed wrong ali 80 (the one filled with O2) before leaving the house. Did not analyse gas before hitting the water and Oxtoxed.

He went to dive the Doria. he took 2 deco stages of O2 because they were planning 2 dives. Dive one went okay, used up deco stage of O2. Dive 2 was blown out, so did not use 2nd deco stage of O2.
Went back to Canada and filled empty ali 80, which was permanently marked for O2, with air. Went to Florida and grabbed wrong ali 80 (the one filled with O2) before leaving the house. Did not analyse gas before hitting the water and Oxtoxed.

This is at least the third time in this thread that this info has been provided, at least twice directly to gianaameri. He obviously is either unable or unwilling to accept it. Either way, Highwood nailed it a few posts back; gianaaameri is a troll, unable to do anything other than destroy threads. Ignore him. Delete his posts. Put him on ignore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

To everyone who contributed thoughtful comments on this topic, my thanks. I always learn something from these discussions. To those who just vented, consider this: thousands of people saw this article and engaged in a discussion on the critical need for gas testing. I feel that's a contribution to diving safety in general and I'm pleased that I've managed even this modest contribution. So what have you done lately?

LOL, I hope you got the page count you were looking for on your crap article. Trolling here is the only way you'll ever get anyone to read your "journalism". Seek a new profession or apply at the National Enquirer. You suck at your job.

Thirteen pages, and it's been explained 5 times just in this thread both O2 bottles contained O2 on the Doria Dive - and he still can't get it that the O2 bottle was filled with air AFTER the Doria dive and BEFORE the trip to Florida. Sigh... So ridiculous.

Huffington Post liberal left. - bash the police any time you can. isn't that what this all is all about

Thirteen pages, and it's been explained 5 times just in this thread both O2 bottles contained O2 on the Doria Dive - and he still can't get it that the O2 bottle was filled with air AFTER the Doria dive and BEFORE the trip to Florida. Sigh... So ridiculous.

The worst part is that with as dense and simple as he is...he pilots a rebreather:shocked:

No, that is wrong.

The O2 bottle could not have been filled with Air after the Doria dive because it had and always had O2.

No, that is wrong.

The O2 bottle could not have been filled with Air after the Doria dive because it had and always had O2.

There were 2xO2 bottles on the doria dive. One was used and re-filled with air. The other was not used and mistakenly brought to Florida.
Could you be any more dense?

Back
Top Bottom