Dive Op emailing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is very difficult for me to write, but consider it an amends of sorts to those who have been frustrated and affected. I feel it is time to share a glimpse of my story. As a veteran member of SB for well over a decade - I feel I owe it to so many of you on this forum who have become part of my scuba family even if you dive with other shops. I have sent personal messages to some of you already.

First, I am very happy for all of those who have found and are happy with their dive shop homes.

I will be the first to admit, that there have been e-mail communication issues with me in the past. For those who have been affected and frustrated by this, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Several years ago, I slipped into a very dark place personally, which of course affected my business that I worked very hard to build and nurture from the ground up. When I was in the depths of my disease, I wasn't present - not for my friends, not for my family, not for my team, and definitely not for my clients - not even for myself. I am eternally grateful that I still have a business today and that my amazing team (again eternal gratitude) held it together when I couldn't! I am grateful that things have turned around and that I am back on the up-swing – I am still not perfect – I am still human – but I am making excellent progress. Those who know me and are close to me can attest to this.

This morning I realize that there is still residual "wreckage" from those days. I've lost some dear and valuable "clients" who had become more like friends - part of our diving family. Some who stuck with me longer than I would have if I had been them. I am grateful to those who have stayed, and for those who have moved on - these are lessons and consequences I must face. I am grateful for the opportunity to salvage relationships with those who have stayed, and the opportunity to build and nurture relationships with new clients who will become part of our diving family.

I cannot repair the past, but I can move forward and do my best each day. I have taken several measures to take my professional and personal life back – including but not limited to engaging completely in a program of recovery and hiring an office assistant to help take some of the administrative load off of my plate. This is now allowing me to focus more on reservations, customer relations, and pending projects for improving operations – including a new database and invoicing system that is FINALLY up and running – not complete, but running and functional. Still more changes to come, but we have been busy working on rebuilding, and improving things for our divers enjoyment. It is a process, but we are making progress one day at a time.

I am grateful to be “present” these days - things have been getting better and better one step at a time for just a little over a year now – I’ve never felt better or been happier.

I am grateful to God and to my program of recovery – these two things quite literally saved my life and gave me my life back. I am getting to know the person I really am inside!

I realize that I may have opened myself up to judgment and ridicule here – but this was about honesty for me - accepting responsibility and working towards reparation. The only judgment I am truly concerned about these days is that of my Creator. As long as I am taking the next right action and treat others with respect, honesty, compassion, and love – I feel confident that God will have my back.

Thank you for reading this and allowing me to be human and vulnerable.

Last edited:
This is very difficult for me to write, but consider it an amends of sorts to those who have been frustrated and affected. I feel it is time to share a glimpse of my story. As a veteran member of SB for well over a decade - I feel I owe it to so many of you on this forum who have become part of my scuba family even if you dive with other shops. I have sent personal messages to some of you already.

First, I am very happy for all of those who have found and are happy with their dive shop homes.

I will be the first to admit, that there have been e-mail communication issues with me in the past. For those who have been affected and frustrated by this, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Several years ago, I slipped into a very dark place personally, which of course affected my business that I worked very hard to build and nurture from the ground up. When I was in the depths of my disease, I wasn't present - not for my friends, not for my family, not for my team, and definitely not for my clients - not even for myself. I am eternally grateful that I still have a business today and that my amazing team (again eternal gratitude) held it together when I couldn't! I am grateful that things have turned around and that I am back on the up-swing – I am still not perfect – I am still human – but I am making excellent progress. Those who know me and are close to me can attest to this.

This morning I realize that there is still residual "wreckage" from those days. I've lost some dear and valuable "clients" who had become more like friends - part of our diving family. Some who stuck with me longer than I would have if I had been them. I am grateful to those who have stayed, and for those who have moved on - these are lessons and consequences I must face. I am grateful for the opportunity to salvage relationships with those who have stayed, and the opportunity to build and nurture relationships with new clients who will become part of our diving family.

I cannot repair the past, but I can move forward and do my best each day. I have taken several measures to take my professional and personal life back – including but not limited to engaging completely in a plan of recovery and hiring an office assistant to help take some of the administrative load off of my plate. This is now allowing me to focus more on reservations, customer relations, and pending projects for improving operations – including a new database and invoicing system that is FINALLY up and running – not complete, but running and functional. Still more changes to come, but we have been busy working on rebuilding, and improving things for our divers enjoyment. It is a process, but we are making progress one day at a time.

I am grateful to be “present” these days - things have been getting better and better one step at a time for just a little over a year now – I’ve never felt better or been happier.

I am grateful to God and to my program of recovery – these two things quite literally saved my life and gave me my life back. I am getting to know the person I really am inside!

I realize that I may have opened myself up to judgment and ridicule here – but this was about honesty for me - accepting responsibility and working towards reparation. The only judgment I am truly concerned about these days is that of my Creator. As long as I am taking the next right action and treat others with respect, honesty, compassion, and love – I feel confident that God will have my back.

Thank you for reading this and allowing me to be human and vulnerable.
Whatever it was that you went through, we are glad to have you back, Christi!

Christy what a brave and I hope cathartic thing you have done here today and I hope only the best for you! And yes I will be back because I love diving with Blue XTSea!

gaffer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom