having a knife with you all the time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always have a knife. When I travel by air I pack one in my checked bag and it comes out and goes in my pocket as soon as I leave the airport. I've carried some type of pocket knife since the age of about 5 or 6. We all did in those days. Carried a BUCK 110 Folding Hunter on my belt all through junior high and high school. Many kids did and no one ever got stabbed. You understood a fight was with fists. If a weapon came out someone was going to die. Most of is didn't want to end up dead or in prison.

---------- Post added August 7th, 2015 at 04:44 PM ----------

It was ok to carry a knife in school during the 60's and 70's. None of these BS rules they have today.

I have a knife mounted on my BCD, so when diving I always have a knife. I don't carry a knife on the streets.

As a side bar, for self defense, I always said i wanted to carry the biggest Swiss Army contraption they made. The one with the most stuff in it. Idea is, open everything, and throw it...:D

:rofl3:

I have a knife mounted on my BCD, so when diving I always have a knife. I don't carry a knife on the streets.
Not even a pocket knife or pen knife? I always have at least one of those, except when I go to Mexico. Then I leave them both in the hotel room. They have different laws.

Always. In Mexico, the UK, France, Germany, Japan... Many more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added August 7th, 2015 at 11:18 PM ----------

Also always carry a flashlight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You understood a fight was with fists. If a weapon came out someone was going to die. Most of is didn't want to end up dead or in prison.

---------- Post added August 7th, 2015 at 04:44 PM ----------

It was ok to carry a knife in school during the 60's and 70's. None of these BS rules they have today.

Sadly inner city children do not have a good understanding of how bleeding to death works.

Combatting London's Knife Crime Epidemic With First Aid Lessons - CityLab

Not even a pocket knife or pen knife? I always have at least one of those, except when I go to Mexico. Then I leave them both in the hotel room. They have different laws.

I carry either a .45 ACP or a .357 Mag. on the streets. The question was about knives.

I carry either a .45 ACP or a .357 Mag. on the streets. The question was about knives.
Yeah, we're talking knives - so why did you bring up your shootin' irons?

I always have a pocket knife with me. use at work not at work most days. just have to remember to leave it in the car at Disneyland or the airport. even had to surrender one at Statue of Liberty once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom