Please Help, I don't know how to properly fold my SMB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the help everyone. There is no guide on how to roll it properly. It would be good if the manufacturer showed the right way to do it.

I have this exact one. I roll it starting from the top, withe the opv finishing on the outside of the roll. Then double back the last bit which puts the inflator tube also on the inside, tucked against the opv. The built in bungee holds it very tight, secure and neat.

I find water enters the smb whether its been used or not, so I pull the opv and rinse/dry after every dive day.

There are many ways to stow an SMB
There is, of course, only ONE way to roll a Halcyon.
if you dive in the Southern Hemisphere, it goes counterclockwise.

There are many ways to stow an SMB
There is, of course, only ONE way to roll a Halcyon.
if you dive in the Southern Hemisphere, it goes counterclockwise.

I lived in the Southern Hemisphere for many years. Aleays rolled it CLOCKWISE to counter the effects of downward spiral currents in the Indian Ocean. Counter-clockwise would suck you deeper.

What you have pictured appears to be a Lift Bag, as opposed to an SMB. I could be mistaken, but it looks very similar to a Halcyon Lift Bag that I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you have pictured appears to be a Lift Bag, as opposed to an SMB. I could be mistaken, but it looks very similar to a Halcyon Lift Bag that I have.
It's a Halcyon SMB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom