Sony A6000 with Meikon housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnnyafrica

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

Just picked myself up an A6000 camera with a meikon housing, red filter, dive tray, and archon lights. Headed to Sipadan Malaysia for a weeks worth of diving and then to Komod Indonesia for my DMT.

Was wondering if anyone had much experience with this setup? I searched around the forums and doesn't seem to be too much reviews on this. I've only ever used a gopro with red filter so I'm a completely noob to underwater photography. Curerntly I'm having troubles turning the camera on while in the housing. Seems like the camera lens tries to open but hits the housing, retracts, attempts to open again, retracts, and finally the screen says there's an error in the lens. Only solution I've been able to find is to turn the camera on before I put it in the housing.

Also, if anyone has any a6000 tips for better underwater phtography (settings, white balance, etc) would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping the strobe and camera flash will be enough to take some decent pictures but again, total noob here.

Meikon It is bad quality underwater housing! and Meikon is bad unreliable company!

I had Meikon Housing for my Sony A6000 that started to leak after only 4 months of use!
They didn't agree to send me new one - they wanted me to send it back for check....
(just the shiping cost $70) this is there "smart way"....to avoid replacements!

My advise to you is , if it works?...keep using it
But if someone consider buying Meikon housing...I would advise not!

Sony A6000 is a very good camera! one of the best! but unfortunately
there is no real solution for housing that cost less than $1650

Hi Johnnyafrica:
I''d like to hear your experience with the a6000 in the Meikon. I also picked up the pair. I know there are a few complaints. However, having had 10+ underwater rigs, I think the Miekon looks as good as my Canon, Ikelite, Intova and Olympus housings. I will be testing it over the next couple of weeks. Please share you experience.
Drmark920

Thanks for you guys share experience. My Meikon A6000 housing works fine after tested it in 80ft underwater, all functions are available except internal flashlight. Hope it will be good as ads describled can works in 130ft UW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom