which computer shall i buy??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fotis89

New
Reaction score
hello guys,

i'm looking to buy a new computer so i can add different gas mixes on it and change it while diving.
What are your suggestions? which is the most value for money computer to buy?

thanks in advance...!

I like my Shearwater (Predator) as do my buddies who have them and the Petrel. I have several buddies who dive the Dive Rite Q and like it as well.

Shearwater. It was designed for just that. You can change settings in the dive. I have the newest model, the Perdix.

Last edited:
The Shearwater is a very good choice, but there are others. It would be good for you to explain why you want a multigas computer. What kind of diving are you doing that will require it?

There are others, but none are worth looking at compared to the Perdix.... It's not cheap, but it is by far the best value in dive computers right now

The Shearwater is a very good choice, but there are others. It would be good for you to explain why you want a multigas computer. What kind of diving are you doing that will require it?
that's a good point! actually i do wreck dives or cave dives most of the time, my depth is an average of 35-40 meters, so i would like to use a stage to clean faster, that's the reason that i want a multi mix computer. a computer that i can add 3-4 mixes is enough for me

tbh i really like the capability of the sherwater, and the design also in comparison with the dive rite Q. does anyone used both so he can give us a more clear opinion?

thank you all for your replies..!

If you want MAJOR bang for the buck,
Look into the Hollis DGO3.
About $250.
Hollis DG03 Dive Computer w/FREE Dry Box | Dive Gear Express®
It is a three gas computer.
Nitrox, no helium.
It tends to be on the "conservative side".
It is a wrist mount.

And yes,
The Shearwaters are GREAT computers.
I will buy one when my current DGO3 computer dies.

Chug
DGO3 primary.
Oceanic Veo backup.

the nitek Q has so much potential, and is lost so quickly. They have never figured out the desktop software for it, so you still can't download the dives, and the screens refresh rate is so low that it is nauseating if you have to look at it while your hand is moving. literally. The DG03 is great for what it is, a super cheap mixed gas computer, but if you want anything nicer than the DG03, then just get a used Petrel, they are abundant right now with the Perdix getting released. For reference, they're all the same computer. The 2 has a compass and ability to sync to an iDevice, and the Perdix has a molded vs. machined body, slightly smaller screen, and much better battery life. I dive a Petrel 1 and see no reason to upgrade

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom