Hurghada Operator Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gaijinsan

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to do some diving in Hurghada in a few weeks. I haven't settled on a dive operator yet. Most shops are quoting similar prices.

I'm keen to hear about some experiences there with the daily dive operators (good or bad) so we can decide who to go with, will be a 3 or 4 day package but not liveabord.

The only one that I'm ruling out from the start is Emperor as their daily prices are about double everyone else, plus they are in El Gouna which is less convenient and an extra 5 Sterling per day per person for transport.

I worked in Sharm for 4 years and have no direct experience of these dive centres but I can offer them as recommendations based on information from people who lived and worked in Hurghada...

Emperor (formerly the Dive Tribe) at the El Gouna Moevenpick would be one of them - but as you've already ruled them out you might look at Voodoo divers which is the centre that Blue O Two use for their daily dive operations (Blue O Two is one of the top Red Sea liveaboard operators). James and Mac diving would also be a good choice - they regularly beat us to top place in Germany's Taucher magazine awards.

Not much but I hope that gives you a bit to go on.

Cheers

C.

I worked in Sharm for 4 years and have no direct experience of these dive centres but I can offer them as recommendations based on information from people who lived and worked in Hurghada...

Emperor (formerly the Dive Tribe) at the El Gouna Moevenpick would be one of them - but as you've already ruled them out you might look at Voodoo divers which is the centre that Blue O Two use for their daily dive operations (Blue O Two is one of the top Red Sea liveaboard operators). James and Mac diving would also be a good choice - they regularly beat us to top place in Germany's Taucher magazine awards.

Not much but I hope that gives you a bit to go on.

Cheers

C.

Great, those are two that I didn't run across before in Google searches. Will check them out.

No worries - also was just looking at the Blue O Two website and they also use the Diver's Lodge. As I say - don't really know these places very well but let us know how you get on. The situation in Egypt is pretty dire so it's useful to know who's still operating and what they're doing...

Cheers

C.

Hi,

I can recommend Colona Divers. Very good standards.

I also have an Egyptian friend in Hurghada who can arrange daily diving with competent prices, diving just with you and the guide. Pm me if interested.

Hi,

I can recommend Colona Divers. Very good standards.

I also have an Egyptian friend in Hurghada who can arrange daily diving with competent prices, diving just with you and the guide. Pm me if interested.

You have a PM, sounds interesting.

Colona Divers are good, I use them whenever I have a chance, pleasant people, mainly Scandinavians, in Hurghada wou'll find them at the Magawish Swiss Inn.
Have been diving with them in Port Ghalib and in El Gouna, they'll give you a discount card.

Im going to Hurghada in a couple of weeks. Have been in contact with Colona Divers, but they have closed the branch in Magawish until september, so they will drive you up to their divecenter in El Gouna. Thats not an option for me, so we booked our diving with Voodoo Divers.

Back
Top Bottom