My Bag And Drag Experience Last Sat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why are you guys flying into Cancun? How much price advantage?

Since they flew from Nashville, I can tell you that there are not many flights to Cozumel. And since they flew Southwest, Cancun was the closest place to fly.

And since I work for Southwest in Nashville, I appreciate them doing so!

You would have had the option of sailing on one of the other ferries before waiting for two hours.

Yes another ferry in an hour. I was saying they were changing the sign to show how close it was for us catching the 1 pm ferry.

Why are you guys flying into Cancun? How much price advantage?

For me it is anywhere from $200 to $400 cheaper PP, but even if it was the same price, I can usually get to Coz faster through Cancun and it is WAY less time on the airplane. 3.5 hours on the plane more or less and 45 minutes van and 45 minutes ferry. Now that there is a third ferry, it seems one is always about to leave when we get there. We used to often have time to stop at Senor Frogs for a snack, but no waiting an hour anymore. We used to stop and grab a six pack in the van when we knew we were missing the on the hour ferry, but now they are constantly leaving so we don't even stop. And if the Mayair timing is right, we can get CUN to CZM in 15 minutes.

I had flying all the way west to Texas to fly east to Coz. Sure occasionally you might get Delta through Atlanta or AA though Miami, but most of the time, it is fly west and then east to go south.

Another big plus is not having to do customs and a catch another flight. BWI's international terminal is never really busy and will global entry we just stroll though, but there is no hurry to make a connection. We always run Mayair back, which saves the rushing to get back to Cancun.

I've used these guys a few times with great results:
Airport Transfers - Cancun Valet
$75 usd one way and $135 RT (plus tip). Vans seat up to 10 people. Waiting at CUN airport with a clipboard and my name on it upon arrival. I had groups a few times and these guys are always on time or early. They take a credit cards. All done on a safe site. Just have to call if your plans change so they don't have a driver waiting for a ghost.
They can also take you to the ferry to ferry if you want to do the Whale shark trip. PDC to Puerto Juarez...
If it is just me and Kim and/or Fred, we ride the ADO bus.

I've also done the $60 taxi after forgetting my passport at the Villa, while waiting for the ferry to leave. I ran to get the passport and then watched the ferry leave (with my bags) before I got back from the Villa. Oh, what a morning that was... Still made my flight though!

No. That's why I only use them in groups. Just giving options. Who's your 600 peso guy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom