Diving facial hair/mask fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, but I have to ask- what exactly makes this mask so different? Everyone has a different shaped face, and the eyes+nose+mouth arrangement has a lot to do with it.

I loved my facial hair, but it was murder to dive with. I might as well have just stuck a straw under the skirt to let the water in.

The MAKO Minimus mask is small and the skirt is very soft. This mask fits a huge majority of our customers. Shaving a tiny strip under the nose may be required for some people (with any mask).

Freedivers have ZERO extra air to be clearing water from their mask during a dive, so they tend to be even more concerned about a great fit and non-leaking mask. If it works for freedivers, it should work just as well for scuba divers.

We have many customers who scuba dive exclusively.

If we have not had a very low dis-satisfaction rate; I would be crazy to make this offer. It fits or I will take it back.. Simple as that. Thanks for asking!

dive safe

Dano

I took Dano up on his offer. I can honestly say that this (the minimus) is the first mask I have dived with in almost 40 years of diving that I didn't have to clear at least once during a dive. Hell, he'll take it back and pay the return shipping as well if it doesn't work for you. That's a hard deal to beat.

I do have a mustache and trim it a little under my nose to help with the seal, but it didn't matter until this mask.

Last edited:
I just gave up and shaved the moustache off....

Jim....

Myself, I've had a full beard and mustache for over 40 years. I trim a strip under my nose, and normally have little to no problem, depending on the mask of course.

Myself, I've had a full beard and mustache for over 40 years. I trim a strip under my nose, and normally have little to no problem, depending on the mask of course.

I have tried everything. This weekend, I did the strip under the nose. Worked well for snorkeling. Have tried before for diving, and it does not work under pressure. Maybe I will try it again. I have even put dabs of goopy silicone under my nose, which does help, by the way, but looks like you just blew your nose all the time.

I fitted all my masks while clean-shaven. Nothing seals when I have a my moustache. Then there some that fit great in the dive store and lousy underwater.

Never used to have this problem. When clean shaven pretty much everything fit my face.

I have tried everything. This weekend, I did the strip under the nose. Worked well for snorkeling. Have tried before for diving, and it does not work under pressure. Maybe I will try it again. I have even put dabs of goopy silicone under my nose, which does help, by the way, but looks like you just blew your nose all the time.

I fitted all my masks while clean-shaven. Nothing seals when I have a my moustache. Then there some that fit great in the dive store and lousy underwater.

Never used to have this problem. When clean shaven pretty much everything fit my face.

Give my Minimus mask a try.. If you don't LOVE it, I will accept a return.

Minimus

MMM-2T.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom