Wrist computers - what are you using?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitek Q. Large screen for my old eyes. 3 gas capable, if I ever go to trimix. $400.

shearwater predator & petrels

seldom get below 130 for trimix but its there. easy to read and most important its easy to use intuitive operations is the major plus. I don't need a book to use it.

some people with their shearwater, petrel and others have not read the initial post :bounce:

"This question is for open water and advanced open water, nitrox divers.. (no tec divers..) what wrist computer are you currently using, how long have you had it and what do you think of It so far?"

shearwater predator & petrels

seldom get below 130 for trimix but its there. easy to read and most important its easy to use intuitive operations is the major plus. I don't need a book to use it.
Just because some people use it for more advanced diving doesn't mean it isn't still the best rec computer in the market...if you aren't looking for ai.

Maybe the best rec computors but at a price from $600 to $1200, CERTAINLY not the best Quality/Price ratio ............and by far. :p.

Last edited:
Galileo Luna, before that Uwatec Air and Nitrox Pro. I also have Sherwood Wisdom 3 and Suunto Cobra 3. The Sherwood is aggressive/liberal and the Suunto is very conservative. My max depth is 132 fsw and I don't plan deco dives anymore. I'm way more conservative now. The Luna has a good screen and easy to use menu system, you can setup any of the alarms the way you wish. Highly configurable, and it has air integration. I use the Sherwood as backup only and my daughter is using the Cobra now. I should have kept my Nitrox pro.

I bought my first computer in 2008, it was a Suunto D6. Prior to that I was diving tables. At this time I wanted a computer that can follow my learning quite a bit. It is a Nitrox computer with the possibility of having 3 gases (Air or Nitrox) plus it was looking like a watch. No transmitter at this time, but that was not an issue for me. It matches all my needs and I still have it and love it. Moving on the ladder, I later on bought a D9TX but that goes beyond the recreational needs.

Bought my Suunto D4 in 2007, soon after I was certified. It's been with me on about 800 dives since. It's on its third battery, which I've replaced myself for about five bucks each time. (Even though Suunto wants you to send it back to them for replacement; some people have felt it necessary to tell me that changing it myself will "void the warranty", but when I point out the computer is 9 years old and ask them what warranty they're referring to, they don't have an answer.)

some people with their shearwater, petrel and others have not read the initial post :bounce:

"This question is for open water and advanced open water, nitrox divers.. (no tec divers..) what wrist computer are you currently using, how long have you had it and what do you think of It so far?"
What's the problem with SW in rec mode, or even in tec mode for OW/AOW dive?
My current DC is Mares Matrix, over a year now. No problem so far,got it with cradle so easy to download logs, switched from Mares to Subsurface. When get more money will go for SW or OSTC, will relegate Matrix to backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom