Wrist computers - what are you using?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bought my Suunto D4 in 2007, soon after I was certified. It's been with me on about 800 dives since. It's on its third battery, which I've replaced myself for about five bucks each time. (Even though Suunto wants you to send it back to them for replacement; some people have felt it necessary to tell me that changing it myself will "void the warranty", but when I point out the computer is 9 years old and ask them what warranty they're referring to, they don't have an answer.)

Hahaha! You sir are a dangerous man, back to the re-education camp! Heaven forbid someone be self reliant.

What's the problem with SW in rec mode, or even in tec mode for OW/AOW dive?
My current DC is Mares Matrix, over a year now. No problem so far,got it with cradle so easy to download logs, switched from Mares to Subsurface. When get more money will go for SW or OSTC, will relegate Matrix to backup.

If the Petrel had air integration I would buy one! I really like the screen on it. But I'm not giving up AI.

What's the problem with SW in rec mode, or even in tec mode for OW/AOW dive?
My current DC is Mares Matrix, over a year now. No problem so far,got it with cradle so easy to download logs, switched from Mares to Subsurface. When get more money will go for SW or OSTC, will relegate Matrix to backup.

No problem with SW in rec mode. it is like driving a Porsche on a US highway. You pay a huge price for it and you are using a very small percentage of what it can do. If you can afford it and you think that you can impress your fellow divers with it, go for it!

But let me tell you one thing: I am more impressed by your 0-24 dives than your dreams about SW or OSTC.:wink:

For you info, I have an OSTC but I do understand and use Deco. But this is not the place to discuss this, we are in the beginners forum. :D

If the Petrel had air integration I would buy one! I really like the screen on it. But I'm not giving up AI.

Well, I am afraid that you will have to wait. because AI is really not what almost all tec divers want :happywave:. AI is understandable if you have a single tank or a single gaz, but tec divers are diving with multiple tanks and gases.............................

No problem with SW in rec mode. it is like driving a Porsche on a US highway. You pay a huge price for it and you are using a very small percentage of what it can do. If you can afford it and you think that you can impress your fellow divers with it, go for it!
Agree on that, do whatever rocks your boat.

But let me tell you one thing: I am more impressed by your 0-24 dives than your dreams about SW or OSTC.:wink:
:) Does it count that I have 25 now, just forgot to change my profile?

For you info, I have an OSTC but I do understand and use Deco. But this is not the place to discuss this, we are in the beginners forum. :D
Do not plan on using it for deco diving, Mares can do it if must. Whoever said: buy your "last" gear first. Rather get used to it when and if dives get serious, then fiddle with it in high workload mode.

:) Does it count that I have 25 now, just forgot to change my profile?

It changes a lot . congratulations :). Where are you from? SE Europe is pretty vague. Cheers :cheers:

Uwatec tec 2g, I think since 2009. An oled display would be nice. There is other gear and education I want to buy first before spending a lot of money at a computer.

I did only used it in gauge mode.

I (and my wife) both dive Suunto EON Steels, We've had them for 18 months and each have just over 250 dives. Still love them, easy to use, can make the algorithm conservative (to match a guides on vacation, or rather aggressive to suit multi day deep dives as is our will. Never had the computer limit our diving

Yes we use ours for advance rec diving ( deco on mixed gasses occasionally) deep diving (50m is my current cert) but generally it's used for 30m single tank dives.

I would buy another, I looked at Petrals but they weren't for me and I didn't buy into the Scuba board hype and fanzone (and still don't)

I (and my wife) both dive Suunto EON Steels, We've had them for 18 months and each have just over 250 dives. Still love them, easy to use, can make the algorithm conservative (to match a guides on vacation, or rather aggressive to suit multi day deep dives as is our will. Never had the computer limit our diving

Yes we use ours for advance rec diving ( deco on mixed gasses occasionally) deep diving (50m is my current cert) but generally it's used for 30m single tank dives.

I would buy another, I looked at Petrals but they weren't for me and I didn't buy into the Scuba board hype and fanzone (and still don't)

The Eon Steel with transmitter costs about $1880 in the US, and your're still stuck with the Suunto-Wienke RGBM algorithm. You could by 2 Perdix and SPGs for that!

Since I was certified, I bought a Suunto Solution and am still using it. Although when I am in some popular sites with lots of divers I hide it because I don't want them to think I stole it from a museum.
Every now and than I check it with my buddy to see that it is still working correctly.

I would like to buy another one, one day.

Back
Top Bottom