What do you use to stop your mask from fogging?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I started I was told to spit in my wetsuit and pee in my mask.

I cannot emphasise enough that this is not optimal.

Vigorous and prolonged rubbing with tooth paste initially. On the boat either commercial "Spit" (or similar) or my own if the commercial stuff is not available - baby shampoo mixture always seems to work. But... I do a good rub in with whatever I use and then let it drip dry. Finally a rinse and rub just before donning and splash - so it is still wet. If there are issues on the dive then I'll likely hit it with toothpaste again as there's an oil film on it from sunblock or something else. YMMV

50% water 50% baby shampoo.

Treated the new mask with toothpaste and flame. The boats all seem to offer a soap solution in a tub, but i find spit is most effective and had the added benefit of always being available; esp if youre already in the water.

How about the abusive dad on Bering Sea Gold who defogged his son's mask with dish soap. What an a'hole!
Though it would work pretty well....:maniac:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom