Anti-Fogging Treatments for New Masks. (a comparison of techniques)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you had any issues with the silicone melting or degrading from putting it in the dishwasher? Even though I never use the heat dry function and always open it to air dry as soon as the finished washing light comes on, the stuff I out in the dishwasher are extremely hot when the wash is over.
Finally had to replace my 14 year old mask and need to get the new one prepped for a trip.

I have not. But, that is no guarantee of future performance... :)

silicone rubber is extremely stable and heat tolerant. from one listing:

• HEAT RESISTANT & SAFE - Our 100% BPA Free food-grade Silicone pot holders are heat resistant up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit to safely shield hands from the heat while cooking and handling hot pans and bakeware.

Don’t put your face in the mask, just ‘huff’ your most breath on it and see where it fogs or doesn’t fog.
Sorry Rusty,
I gather that you hadn't heard:

I just found out about Sam Miller today. I changed jobs and moved a year and a half ago and my board appearances have been sporadic since then. I knew about Couv only because his wife sent me an email. The board has lost a lot of greats in the recent past.

Back
Top Bottom