In search of octo holder that actually works

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are two types of countries, those that use the metric system, and those that have put man on the moon.......

There are two types of countries, those that use the metric system, and those that have put man on the moon.......

FYI NASA use the metric system.....

In the UK we use a nice confusing combination of metric and imperial.

But were they using the metric system in 1969...?

I have also heard that (from an UK astronomer closely involved in the design of the Hubble) that part of the issue why it didn't work properly was down to confusion over the unit of measurement used within the specification (the unit within the design which was largely done outside the US was stated in metric however it was actually ground using imperial units by a US contractor). Not sure how true this was (given that the enquiry didn't mention this but I guess they wouldn't want to admit such a simple cock up would they?).

Perhaps we should get back on topic? My "decimetric" post was intended to be a silly joke, not to fire off another metric-vs-imperial flamewar.

Perhaps we should get back on topic? My "decimetric" post was intended to be a silly joke, not to fire off another metric-vs-imperial flamewar.

177 posts and I believe that we've exhausted this topic entirely.

I use this one, fits like the snorkel keeper, but has added benefit I can leave it on Octo and clip/un clip when stowing gear. Just need to be sure you get it behind the ziptie, like the snorkel keeper. https://www.amazon.com/Storm-Octopu...id=1495592339&sr=8-11&keywords=Octopus+holder

I'm not qualified either to concur or to characterize the following term as hyperbole, but I have noticed that senior divers on SB call those "suicide clips." FWIW... YMMV...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom